Casper's Scare School
Parts of this article (those related to Comic book) need to be updated.October 2016)(
Casper's Scare School (also known as Casper's Scare School: The Movie) is a 2006 American/French/Indian computer animated television film based on the Harvey Comics cartoon character Casper the Friendly Ghost. It was produced by Moonscoop and released by Classic Media and premiered on October 20, 2006. It has a TV series of the same name in 2009. It also has a video game of the same name.
|Casper's Scare School|
|Created by||Mark Gravas|
|Based on||Casper the Friendly Ghost|
by Seymour Reit
|Written by||Andrew Nicholls|
|Screenplay by||Andrew Nicholls|
|Directed by||Mark Gravas|
|Starring||List of Casper's Scare School characters|
|Music by||Magnus Fiennes|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Running time||75 minutes|
|Distributor||NBCUniversal Television Distribution|
As a result of Casper being too friendly with a boy named Jimmy Bradley and failing to scare enough humans Kibosh: The King of the Underworld has Casper enrolled into a Scare School, to prevent him from being banished into the Valley of the Shadows, headed by the two-headed headmaster Alder and Dash. At Scare School he befriends Ra, a mummy with unraveling issues and Mantha, a zombie girl who keeps falling apart.
There they learn to keep the Balance between scaring "fleshies" too often or too little both of which, the staff believe, would cause them to rise up and dominate the creatures of the Underworld. His first three lessons result in Casper being given detention from the teachers. The school bully, a vampire, named Thatch and his cronies spy on Casper in an attempt to sabotage him.
Casper feels unable to cope with having to be scary so he decides to go to the Valley of the Shadows by himself believing the Balance would have to go without him. Upon his arrival Casper finds the Valley to be a colorful garden and he meets his great-aunt Spitzy, who the Ghostly Trio claimed were not allowed to talk about, and the other creatures who were banished there for refusing to scare humans.
Meanwhile, Alder and Dash plot to use a petrification potion to turn Kibosh into stone and take over the Underworld and Deedstown. They test the potion on the Ghostly Trio, who arrive to meet the headmaster(s) after Casper's disappearance, before inviting Kibosh. When Casper's friends discover this they go to the Valley of the Shadows to warn him. Upon their arrival they discover that they can leave the Valley although the residents believe they cannot and had never even tried to. Casper then goes to Deedstown with his friends to stop Alder and Dash in their plot.
The headmasters are convinced to stop by their "ancle" (aunt and uncle in one) Belle and Murray, from the Valley of the Shadows, and when everyone is returned to their original forms Kibosh allows the creatures to have a day in which they can be friends with "fleshies". Kibosh confides in Casper that he once had two human friends and shows him a photograph.
- Devon Werkheiser - Casper, Casper's Shadow
- Brett DelBuono - Jimmy Bradley
- Kendre Berry - Ra
- Christy Carlson Romano - Mantha
- James Belushi - Alder
- Bob Saget - Dash
- Matthew Underwood - Thatch
- Kevin Michael Richardson - Kibosh
- Dan Castellaneta - Stretch
- Billy West - Fatso, Figurehead
- John DiMaggio - Stinkie, Frankengymteacher
- Debi Derryberry - Banana Lady, History Teacher, Additional Voices
- Scott Menville - Punk Kid, Scare Center Host 2, Pumpkinhead, Braniac, Poolguy, Hunchback, Additional Voices
- Pat Fraley - Scare Center Host 1, Wolfie, Narrator, Werewolf, Additional Voices
- Jason Harris - Gargoyle, Flyboy, Skinny Goast, Coach, Additional Voices
- Candi Milo - Mickey
- Nika Futterman - Monaco
- Maurice LaMarche - Cappy, Thurdigree Burns
- John Kassir - P.A Voice, Additional Voices
- Danny Cooksey - Additional Voices
- Fred Tatasciore - Additional Voices
- "Ape Brings "Casper" Back to Comics - Comic Book Resources". comicbookresources.com. Retrieved July 24, 2015.