Casalpusterlengo is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Lodi in the Italian region Lombardy, located about 50 kilometres (31 mi) southeast of Milan and about 20 kilometres (12 mi) southeast of Lodi.
|Città di Casalpusterlengo|
|Frazioni||Borasca, Vittadone, Zorlesco|
|• Mayor||Elia Dal Miglio (Centre-Right)|
|• Total||25.61 km2 (9.89 sq mi)|
|Elevation||60 m (200 ft)|
(31 December 2017)
|• Density||600/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
It received the honorary title of city with a presidential decree on October 30, 1975. The town has a Baroque church of Santi Bartolomeo e Martino, which was built in the 14th-century but refurbished between 1602 and 1610. The town also has a communal palace and a tower from the medieval castle.
Notable people edit
- Carlo Arcari, Footballer
- Angelo Arcari (1907-1985), Footballer
- Pietro Arcari (1909-1988), Footballer
- Bruno Arcari (1915-2004), Footballer
- Nino Staffieri (1931-2018), Roman Catholic Bishop
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Italian National Institute of Statistics. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.