Casalbeltrame (Casabaltram in Piedmontese and Lombard) is an Italian town of 962 inhabitants in the province of Novara in Piedmont.
|Comune di Casalbeltrame|
|• Mayor||Claudia Porzio|
|• Total||15.9 km2 (6.1 sq mi)|
|Elevation||148 m (486 ft)|
(31 December 2010)
|• Density||65/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+1 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+2 (CEST)|
|Patron saint||St. Novello|
A part of the municipal territory is included in the Natural Park of the Lame del Sesia.
The rice paddies of Casalbeltrame are known for the production of riso venere, an unusual black rice of Chinese origins. Venere refers to Venus, the goddess of love, and to the aphrodisiac properties claimed for the rice. The variety is included in the Slow Food Atlas.
Monuments and places of interestEdit
- Parish Church of Santa Maria Assunta. The current building is in the form of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries, but it is certainly very old as evidenced, among other things, the bell tower and the Romanesque walls and frescoes found in the current attics (scenes of the Life of Christ, XV century) . Attached to the church is the scurolo of the patron saint San Novello.
- Church and complex of Sant'Apollinare
- Villa Bracorens Savoiroux (18th century), seat of Materima, citadel of sculpture.
- Castle (unusable since 2015)
- "L çivel" Ethnographic Historical Museum of Agricultural Machinery
- Gipsoteca - plaster statues
- Casalbeltrame swamp nature reserve
Infrastructures and transportEdit
Between 1884 and 1933 the locality was served by a tram stop Vercelli-Biandrate-Fara.
- In June, the Beer Festival is held in collaboration between Proloco and Ghunter Stübe, Bavarian specialties and entertainment.
- For the occasion of the patronal feast, held on the last Sunday of August, there are 4 days in honor of the saint dedicated to his celebration
- "Superficie di Comuni Province e Regioni italiane al 9 ottobre 2011". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- "Popolazione Residente al 1° Gennaio 2018". Istat. Retrieved 16 March 2019.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.
- "Nelle risaie di Casalbeltrame" (in Italian). Regione Piemonte. Archived from the original on 2006-08-25. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Varietà di riso" (in Italian). Riso Italiano. Archived from the original on 2007-10-23. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)