Caroline Bowman (born May 10, 1988) is an American theatre actress who has performed in multiple Broadway musicals, including Fame, Grease, Spamalot, Evita, Wicked, Kinky Boots, and soon will be appearing on the national tour of Frozen.
|Born||May 10, 1988|
|Residence||Columbia, Maryland, U.S.|
|Occupation||Actress Singer Dancer|
|Spouse(s)||Austin Colby (m. 2017)|
Bowman attended Glenelg High School in Howard County, Maryland where she graduated in 2006. Bowman received a B.F.A. in Musical Theatre in 2010 at Penn State University, and was a recipient of a 2014 Penn State Alumni Association Alumni Achievement Award, honoring alumni 35 and under.
Prior to graduation, Bowman toured with the hit musical Fame in China, and performed as Rizzo in Grease in Turkey. She was also a performer with the Young Columbians. Shortly following that, Bowman returned to the states as Lady of the Lake in the Spamalot national tour. Very shortly after the Spamalot tour and her move to New York City, Bowman was offered an ensemble role in Wicked, understudying Elphaba. Bowman left Wicked to take part in originating a new musical Kinky Boots in 2013, but Bowman left Kinky Boots shortly after its Broadway premiere to join the Evita national tour as Eva Peron in 2013. Almost immediately following the conclusion of the Evita tour in October 2014, Bowman was offered the starring role of Elphaba in Wicked, beginning December 16, 2014, replacing Christine Dwyer in the role. However, in late February, it was announced that due to an injury Bowman sustained, Christine Dwyer was brought back for a limited four-week engagement as Elphaba. Jennifer DiNoia was also brought back for a limited time, until Bowman returned to the show in early April. On August 18, 2015, it was announced that Bowman will be departing Wicked (musical) in mid-September, with Rachel Tucker replacing her. From April 30-May 8, 2016, Bowman reprised her role as Eva Perón in the Vancouver Opera's production of Evita, replacing the previously announced Jenn Colella. As part of the celebrations for the 45th anniversary of the Columbia Center for Theatrical Arts, Bowman was a narrator in a production of Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat at Toby's Dinner Theatre.
It was announced on May 7, 2019 that Bowman will play Elsa in the national tour of Frozen.
- Carter, Cathy. "Glenelg High grad to star in national tour of 'Evita'". Howard County Times. Retrieved 2017-12-27.
- "Musical Theatre Alumna Caroline Bowman Honored with Alumni Achievement Award - College of Arts and Architecture". artsandarchitecture.psu.edu.
- Loria, Keith (2017-06-23). "Toby Orenstein's twist to Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat". DC Theatre Scene. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- "Caroline Bowman, Josh Young and Sean MacLaughlin Will Star in National Tour of Evita - Playbill". Playbill.
- Rosky, Nicole. "BWW Interview: Caroline Bowman Talks Getting Green as WICKED's Newest Elphaba!".
- "After 1,000 Performances as Elphaba in London, Rachel Tucker Will Join Broadway's Wicked".
- Loria, Keith (2017-06-23). "Same coat, new vision". Fairfax County Times. Retrieved 2018-03-05.
- "Caroline Bowman & Austin Colby perform "A Premarital Cabaret" - Metro Weekly". www.metroweekly.com. Retrieved 2017-12-27.