|No. 33 – Tampa Bay Buccaneers|
|Born:||December 31, 1996|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||203 lb (92 kg)|
|High school:||Miami (FL) Norland|
|NFL Draft:||2018 / Round: 2 / Pick: 63|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics as of Week 6, 2019|
Davis attended Miami Norland Senior High School in Miami Gardens, Florida, where he played high school football. He originally committed to Ohio State University to play college football but changed his commitment to Auburn University.
Davis was a starter as a true freshman at Auburn in 2015. He finished the season with 56 tackles and three interceptions. As a sophomore in 2016, he recorded 46 tackles. Davis finished the 2017 season with 36 tackles, 12 pass deflections, and 1 interception. On January 3, 2018, Davis declared his intentions to enter the 2018 NFL Draft.
Davis attended the NFL Scouting Combine in Indianapolis and completed the majority of drills, but opted to skip the short shuttle and three-cone drill. Davis finished eighth among all cornerbacks in the broad jump and bench press. On March 9, 2018, Davis participated at Auburn's pro day and performed the majority of drills, but elected to skip the bench press, vertical jump, and broad jump. Davis also improved his times in the 40-yard dash (4.44s), 20-yard dash (2.60s), and 10-yard dash (1.59s). At the conclusion of the pre-draft process, Davis was projected to a second round pick by NFL draft experts and scouts. He was ranked as the sixth best cornerback prospect in the draft by Sports Illustrated, was ranked the eighth best cornerback by DraftScout.com, and was ranked as the ninth best cornerback in the draft by Scouts Inc.
|Carlton Davis' NFL Combine Workout|
|Ht||Wt||Arm length||Hand size||40-yard dash||10-yd split||20-yd split||20-ss||3-cone||Vert jump||Broad||BP|
|6 ft 1 in
|32 3⁄4 in
|8 7⁄8 in
|4.53 s||1.59 s||2.64 s||34 in
|10 ft 4 in
|All values are from NFL Combine|
|Buccaneers draft Davis 63rd overall|
|NFL Draft Profile: Carlton Davis|
- "Former Ohio State CB commit Carlton Davis picks Auburn".
- "Norland's Carlton Davis switches to Auburn".
- "Auburn DB Carlton Davis not treated like a freshman anymore". November 6, 2015.
- "Carlton Davis in line to return as starting cornerback in Auburn secondary".
- "Carlton Davis returns to starting boundary corner role in Auburn secondary".
- "Most important Auburn players in 2017 – No. 5: CB Carlton Davis".
- "Carlton Davis entering the 2018 NFL Draft". Auburn Undercover. Retrieved January 3, 2018.
- "NFL Scouting Combine: Top Performers". NFL.com. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "Carlton Davis, DS #8 CB, Auburn". draftscout.com. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "NFL Carlton Davis -ESPN". draftscout.com. Retrieved August 27, 2018.
- "The 2018 NFL Draft Big Board, Vol. 2". si.com. March 7, 2018. Retrieved August 22, 2018.
- "NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles – Carlton Davis". NFL.com. Retrieved August 1, 2018.
- "With the 63rd pick, the Buccaneers select Auburn's Carlton Davis". BucsNation.com. July 7, 2018.
- "Spotrac.com: Carlton Davis contract". Spotrac.com. Retrieved August 1, 2018.