Carlos Prates Airport (ICAO: SBPR) is one of the airports serving Belo Horizonte, Brazil. It is named after the neighborhood where it is located and this, in turn, was named after an Engineer that planned parts of Belo Horizonte.
Carlos Prates Airport
Aeroporto Carlos Prates
|Time zone||Time in Brazil (UTC−03:00)|
|Elevation AMSL||928 m / 3,044 ft|
It is operated by Infraero.
The airport was commissioned in 1944 and has always been dedicated to general aviation and flying schools. Since 1973 it has been administrated by Infraero.
Airlines and destinationsEdit
No scheduled flights operate at this airport.
The airport is located 6 km (4 mi) from downtown Belo Horizonte.
- "Estatísticas". Infraero (in Portuguese). 10 February 2021. Retrieved 17 March 2021.
- "Aeroporto Carlos Prates". Infraero (in Portuguese). Retrieved 17 May 2020.
- "Aeródromos". ANAC (in Portuguese). 15 October 2019. Retrieved 17 May 2020.
- "Operações no Aeroporto Carlos Prates vão até dia 31 de dezembro". Estado de Minas (in Portuguese). 14 January 2021. Retrieved 12 March 2021.
- "Aeroporto Carlos Prates, em BH, ganha prazo extra antes de sua desativação". Aeroin (in Portuguese). 26 December 2021. Retrieved 26 December 2021.