Carlos Luis Morales
|Full name||Carlos Luis Morales Benítez|
|Date of birth||June 12, 1965|
|Place of birth||Guayaquil, Ecuador|
|Date of death||June 22, 2020(aged 55)|
|Place of death||Samborondon, Ecuador|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 2009-07-11|
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 2009-07-11
On June 3, 2020, Carlos Luis Morales was detained in an investigation for alleged use of unfair influence in the acquisition of medical supplies, COVID-19 exams and masks.
After 5 hours of persecution and police search, he was detained in San Isidro, a citadel on the road to Samborondón, after several houses were raided in the sector before he was captured, within investigations for alleged traffic crimes, of influence and embezzlement. The situation worsened after Morales presented 17 contracts  in which his wife, Sandra Arcos, and his wife's children, Xavier and Andrés Vélez, fugitives from justice, involved in the awards, were involved in contracts with surcharges during the health emergency of COVID-19.
The corruption scandals occurred a year after occupying the post of Prefect of Guayas. PSC assembly members of the party that promoted his candidacy, asked Carlos Luis Morales to explain corruption allegations or resign. The pronouncement of the social-Christian legislators was signed by: Vicente Taiano, César Rohón, Raúl Auquilla, Patricia Henriquez, Mercedes Serrano, Vicente Almeyda, Henry Cucalón, Dennis Marín, Magda Zambrano, Ramón Terán, Raúl Campoverde, Cristina Reyes, Dallyana Passailague, Javier Cadena, Henry Kronfle, and Esteban Torres.
- "Carlos Luis Morales, sus hinchas lo recordarán como un gran arquero". Teleamazonas (in Spanish). 2020-06-22. Retrieved 2020-06-22.
- "Los primeros resultados de las elecciones favorecen a Carlos Luis Morales y Cynthia Viteri del PSC". El Comercio (in Spanish). 24 March 2019. Retrieved 23 June 2020.
- "Prosecutor's Office detains the prefect Carlos Luis Morales, in the framework of the investigation for alleged influence peddling".
- "Carlos Luis Morales captured".
- "Morales delivers to the Prosecutor's Office the 17 contracts he signed during the emergency".
- "Carlos Luis Morales denounces his wife's children for corruption".
- "Sandra Arcos, wife of Carlos Luis Morales, her whereabouts are unknown".
- "Carlos Luis Morales, among eight arrested for alleged irregularities in the Guayas Prefecture".
- "Guayas prefect, Carlos Luis Morales, arrested".
- "How does the alleged corruption network linked to the prefect Carlos Luis Morales operate?".
- "Members of the PSC ask Carlos Luis Morales to explain allegations of corruption or resign".