Carla Zambelli Salgado (Ribeirão Preto, July 3, 1980) is a project manager and Brazilian political and political activist. Founder of the movement On the Streets, gained notoriety by the activism in favor of the impeachment of the ex-president Dilma Rousseff. In the elections of 2018, she was elected federal deputy by São Paulo, by the Social Liberal Party (PSL).
|Federal Deputy from São Paulo|
February 1, 2019
Carla Zambelli Salgado
July 3, 1980
Ribeirão Preto, SP, Brazil
|Political party||PSL (Since 2018)|
Throughout her militancy, she became involved in some troubled moments. In July 2016, Supreme Minister Ricardo Lewandowski was angered by a giant inflatable doll that referred to him during a protest organized by the group Nas Ruas. The Federal Supreme Court sent a letter to the director general of the Federal Police, Leandro Daiello, requesting that measures be taken against those responsible for the act, citing Carla as the alleged leader of the demonstration. In June 2017, Carla became involved in a conflict with Paulo Pimenta (PT-RS) accusing him of robbery. The video in which the PT gives him imprisonment voice was published on the internet by the activist herself, who came to be sent to the congressional police station. The PT deputy, however, did not formalize any complaint against her.
With her group, coordinated movement of support to the Federal Police by all the country, and support to Operação Lava Jato. Speaker of the Federal Police at the VII National Congress of Delegates of the Federal Police, she was honored for the work done in search of autonomy and investigative resources for the institution.
Zambelli has a profile aligned to the right, being economic liberal and conservative in the customs. In 2017 she declared herself monarchist, after conversations with members of the imperial family. She is against the quota policy, except for people with disabilities.
In the elections of 2018, she was elected federal deputy by the PSL. She said that her line of action in the Chamber of Deputies will continue to be the fight against corruption. According to Zambelli, this will be done through three pillars: "less state, more justice and real education."
- Nas Ruas, Associação Brasil (2017). "Nas Ruas". Nas Ruas. Retrieved 2018-03-25.
- "Carla Zambelli defende combate à corrupção e critica atuação da bancada feminina". Câmara dos Deputados. 15 October 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.
- "STF quer que PF investigue manifestantes que levaram boneco de Lewandowski a manifestação". O Globo. 2016-07-06.
- "Deputado do PT dá voz de prisão a militante do movimento "Nas Ruas"". Congresso em Foco.
- "Petista manda deter ativista na CPI da JBS - O Antagonista". O Antagonista. 2017-11-30.
- "Deputado deu voz de prisão, mas não formalizou queixa contra líder do Nas Ruas - A Protagonista". A Protagonista. 2017-12-05.
- Viegas, Nonato (2017-11-16). "Líder de movimento que pediu impeachment de Dilma agora é monarquista". ÉPOCA. Retrieved 2018-11-15.
- "Zambelli no PSL - O Antagonista". O Antagonista. 2018-03-05.
- "Conheça os deputados e senadores campeões de votos nas eleições de 2018". Correio Braziliense. 8 October 2018. Retrieved 17 October 2018.