Lieutenant Carl P. "Speedy" Steedman (born 14 August 1973) is a Royal Navy officer, who served as Warrant Officer to the Royal Navy, the most senior non-commissioned advisor and senior rating of the Royal Navy from 31 January 2020 to July 2022.
|Born||14 August 1973|
Brighton, East Sussex
|Years of service||1991-present|
|Commands held||Warrant Officer to the Royal Navy|
|Awards||Meritorious Service Medal|
Steedman joined the Royal Navy as a radio operator in May 1991, attending the school of communications at HMS Mercury after completion of his initial training at HMS Raleigh. His first sea draft was on HMS Manchester. Steedman then transferred to the warfare branch as an operator mechanic in October 1993 before serving on HMS Invincible, deploying to the Adriatic. He brought HMS Ocean into service, deploying to both Belize and Sierra Leone. Promoted to petty officer in 2001, he joined HMS Edinburgh as petty officer communications before deploying on Operation Telic. After this deployment, he then joined Northwood Headquarters.
After decommissioning HMS Ocean, he joined HMS Excellent as the base warrant officer in April 2018. Having spent 17 months in post, he was selected for the role of Warrant Officer of the Royal Navy in January 2020.
- "Royal Navy News - Carl Steedman becomes the next WONS" (PDF). Archived (PDF) from the original on 10 June 2020.
- "HMS Ocean enters Plymouth for last time under white ensign | Royal Navy". www.royalnavy.mod.uk. Retrieved 10 June 2020.
- "WO1 Carl Steedman - The Warrant Officer to the Royal Navy | The Royal Navy and Royal Marines Charity". www.rnrmc.org.uk. Retrieved 10 June 2020.
- "No. 58095". The London Gazette (Supplement). 12 September 2006. p. 12408.
- "No. 62245". The London Gazette (Supplement). 3 April 2018. pp. 5786–88.
- "No. 62921". The London Gazette (Supplement). 18 February 2020. p. 2966.