CariDee English (born September 23, 1984) is an American fashion model and TV personality who won Cycle 7 of America's Next Top Model in December 2006. Her prize was a $100,000 contract with CoverGirl Cosmetics, a modeling contract with Elite Models, and a six-page fashion editorial and cover for Seventeen magazine. She is the first natural blonde to win ANTM and the second ANTM winner from North Dakota, the first being Nicole Linkletter of Cycle 5. English was also the host of Oxygen's biggest-premiering show to date, Pretty Wicked.
English in 2007 for her Elite Model Management portfolio.
|Height||5 ft 11 in (1.80 m)|
|Agency||Elite Model Management, L.A. Models|
Before appearing on America's Next Top Model, English worked as a photographer, and also was an actor in the sketch comedy group known as The 4th Option, which performed weekly in the old East Gate Lounge in Moorhead, Minnesota. On December 13, 2004, she sang with the Willy Waldman Project. She was a listed model with the Academie Agencie in Fargo, North Dakota, in 2001. She entered the Millie Lewis Actors Models and Talent Competition in 2002 and was placed with Mega Models in Miami, Florida, for the summer of 2003.
On Top ModelEdit
|Wikinews has related news: 'Top Model' winner CariDee English on her modeling career and her battle with psoriasis|
English was the eleventh finalist selected for Cycle 7. From the start, she was noted for her similarity to Rebecca Romijn and Karolína Kurková, and in the early stages of the cycle her personality was considered fun and outgoing. On the show, English received five Covergirl of the week awards, three first call-outs and won one challenge.
As winner of the acting challenge, English had an opportunity to guest-star in an episode of the CW series One Tree Hill (which aired immediately following Top Model at the time), appearing in multiple scenes. In the same episode, English was criticized for not being able to deliver a commercial properly, however she survived her first ever bottom two appearance over Jaeda Young for showing more potential.
Later, in Episode 11, English was criticized for making an impulsive, crude joke to fashion photographer and ANTM judge Nigel Barker during the bullfighting photo shoot in Barcelona, asking him a stupid question "Did you just remove that (referring to a large stick Barker was holding) from your ass from the last panel?". English stated that Barker "actually joked back", and was never really mad, yet during panel she apologized to Barker and received the third call-out that week. The next week, English was placed in the bottom two again for her doubtful strength to work in tough circumstances (i.e. photo shoot in cold water). Once more, she survived her second bottom two appearance over the remaining twin Amanda Babin.
English was shown speaking to her boyfriend on the phone in one episode, and then passionately kissing one of the male models the girls worked with in the next, when the girls were overseas in Barcelona. When interviewed about it, English said that up to that point, she and her boyfriend were seeing other people, and that they had since gotten back together.
As the competition progressed, the judges began to express concern that, due to her behavior, English might be too unpredictable to be awarded the Top Model prize. Ultimately though, she was crowned the winner over runner-up Melrose Bickerstaff. The judges said they felt she had the much sought-after "X-Factor"—an intangible quality that made her a standout. Over her stay and additionally English was voted Covergirl of the Week five consecutive times and received three first call-outs at panel for her outstanding performances in photoshoots.
In early 2008, English was voted as one of the most memorable contestants on Top Model by AOL Entertainment Canada, which said she was the first contestant everybody knew would win from the first episode.
She appeared on the weekly "My Life as a CoverGirl" segments on The CW. In 2007 she was featured in an ad for CoverGirl Eyewear alongside cycle 6 winner Danielle Evans. She returned to ANTM for the finale of the eighth cycle to give advice to the final three contestants and to open the finale's runway show.
English was featured on the front page of Seventeen, Social Life, Healthy Living, Psoriasis Advance, and Cover magazines with Top Model alumnae Naima Mora and Danielle Evans. She has modeled for Wedding Style, JC Penney Bisou Bisou, Stephenson Denim, Johnny P. Shoes, American Salon, Matrix Professional Colors in Cosmopolitan and the "Heart On My Sleeves" clothing campaign by Aubrey O'Day of Danity Kane and Christian Siriano Fall 09. She was in the Winter 2007 issue of Knit.1 Magazine, the February 2007 issue of Seventeen, the March 2007 issue of In Touch, the Spring 2007 issue of Social Life, the April 2007 issue of Cover, on the cover of "Inked Magazine" for Fall 2007, Loops&Pluto, Short Hair Magazine the cover of Runway Magazine, ads for Melissa Latkins t-shirts, Tasola Beauty & Beyond, and has been featured on ivillage.com. She also shot a cover of Allure, and has done some charity print work for the NOH8 Campaign.
In 2013 she became the face of Ray Ban sunglasses.
Her runway credits include J.C. Penney, Carlos Campos, Renee Larc, Jordi Scott, Snoopy in Fashion, GM Style Auto Show, Honduras Fashion Week, L'Oréal Fashion Week in Toronto, In Style's 2009's New Year's Eve lingerie show at the Estate, where she was the guest of honor New York Fashion Week, Richie Rich F/W 09 "Blondes have more fun" Show in Mercedes Benz Fall Fashions 09. She also opened Los Angeles Fashion Week wearing Yotam Soloman, walked in A*Muse Fall/Winter 2010, and Christian Siriano 2010 line in Mercedes Benz Fashion Week 10.
She appears in the 2012 commercial for Stelara (Ustekinumab), a plaque psoriasis treatment.
English has taken part in the Seventh Annual World Poker Invitational at the Commerce Casino in 2009. She has also hosted several parties  and will host the Capital Fashion Awards in Sacramento together with Jonathan Waud, Naima Mora and Merlin Castell.
English is featured on Brad Walsh's album "Human Nature" in the song called Boy/Girl and is working on music with Better than Ezra. English is a drummer, and performs with Celebrity DJ Lindsay Luv. Performing a powerful girl drum and DJ duo they call LUVnENGLISH. English also drums with the New York-based DJ Zeke Thomas. They even made a short video of them working together. English sings, plays guitar, drums and said "I would have been a rockstar first but being a model paid the bills faster."
Philanthropy and animal rightsEdit
She is a spokesperson for the National Psoriasis Foundation, spreading awareness about psoriasis and encouraging others to seek treatment. English says she felt "cursed" with psoriasis when she was young because of the taunts of classmates. Today, her "curse" is her cause. "Psoriasis awareness is very important to me. I want others with the disease to know they are not alone. I want to inspire them to live their dreams," she said.
As such she opened the walk for Awareness on January 13, 2008 in San Diego and was featured on the cover for Allure. She has also held a congressional briefing on Psoriasis on June 11, 2007. She has taken part in the walk for awareness multiple times since. She is also featured in the Canadian Psoriasis Education website.
English has also taken part in a video against seal hunting. She also attended the Power of Paws opening, an association which promotes animals as part of health programs and promoted Project Cuddle.
|2006||America's Next Top Model||Herself||Winner|
|One Tree Hill||Tia (Brooke's Model in Red dress)||Season 4 Episode 7 "All the thing's I've done"|
|2007||The Tyra Banks Show||Herself||Guest|
|Gossip Girl||Bart's date/Carissa||1 episode|
- "CariDee English". Elite Model Management website. Archived from the original on 2008-12-22. Retrieved January 27, 2009.
- CariDee English [@CariDeeEnglish] (23 September 2014). "Today is my birthday. I'm grateful for you all. 🎉 #bestisyettocome" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- CariDee English [@CariDeeEnglish] (23 September 2014). "Alright where the homies at? No more white boys after age 30! Lol" (Tweet) – via Twitter.
- Amy Carlson Gustafson (December 7, 2006). "Fargo native wins "Top Model"". Pioneer Press. Retrieved December 10, 2006.
- Merrin, Tara (December 10, 2006). "Ambition pays off for CariDee English". Calgary Sun. Archived from the original on 2013-01-15. Retrieved December 10, 2006.
- "Top Model Contestants We Can't Forget". AOL Entertainment Canada. Archived from the original on 2008-12-18.
- "Print Work". All ANTM.
- "Cycle 7 – CariDee English – Print Work". All ANTM.
- "All ANTM – Print Work".
- "Heart On My Sleeve". Archived from the original on 2008-07-26.
- "Post 696105". rtvgames.com.
- "All ANTM – Print Work".
- "All ANTM – Print Work".
- "Post 1846079". livejournal.com. Archived from the original on 2008-01-05.
- "Post 2527251". livejournal.com.
- "Album 114 – 93". all-antm.net.
- "Post 226128". rtvgames.com.
- "Post 237663". rtvgames.com.
- "Post 193626". rtvgames.com.
- "Post 1679549". livejournal.com.
- "Post 1427910". livejournal.com.
- "Post 2266637". livejournal.com.
- "Post 487370". rtvgames.com.
- "Spend New Years Eve with Caridee English". topmodelgossip.com. Archived from the original on 2009-01-02.
- "CariDee English Mercedes Benz Fashion Week Fall 2009". exposay.com. Archived from the original on 2009-04-27.
- "yotam solomon los angeles fashion week Photos from CariDee English (CariDee) on Myspace". Viewmorepics.myspace.com. Archived from the original on 2009-09-11. Retrieved 2013-01-27.
- "CariDee Pictures – Christian Siriano – Backstage – Fall 2010 MBFW". Zimbio. Retrieved 2013-01-27.
- "Top of the week tip: CariDee English". mystyle.com. Archived from the original on 2011-01-05.
- "Hair like CariDee English". blastmagazine.com.
- "Scarred Live Takes Over MTV on Saturday July 14th". vitalmx.com. Archived from the original on 2008-12-01.
- "Oxygen". thefutoncritic.com.
- "Article 7013686369". allheadlinenews.com.[permanent dead link]
- "Photo of Model CariDee". nachofoto.com. Archived from the original on 2015-04-03.
- Mandato, Sarah (August 24, 2009). "Caridee English hostesses live band karaoke at Johnny Utahs". GuestofaGuest.com. Archived from the original on April 2, 2010. Retrieved September 20, 2009.
- "Caridee English Estate Tonight". zimbio.com. Archived from the original on 2009-08-21.
- "Living Here". sacbee.com.[permanent dead link]
- Brad Walsh Music
- "CariDee English changes her tune". Archived from the original on 2009-10-12. Retrieved 2009-10-30.
- "CariDee". Psoriasis.org. Archived from the original on 2008-12-04.
- "Caridee's congressional briefing". Psoriasis.org. June 11, 2007. Archived from the original on February 10, 2009.
- "America's Next Top Model 25828". buddytv.com. Archived from the original on 2009-01-22. Retrieved 2009-02-01.
- "website". psoriasisinfo.ca. Archived from the original on 2009-02-19.
- "Video". youtube.com.
- "CariDee English loves the power of paws". topmodelgossip.com. Archived from the original on 2008-12-09.
- "Dina Lohan and CariDee English step in". timessquaregossip.com. June 2008.
- "Album 114". all-antm.net.