Green Carabao Mango fruits
The Carabao mango, also known as the 'Philippine mango', is a variety of mango. It is one of the most important varieties of mango cultivated in the Philippines. The variety is reputed internationally due to its sweetness and exotic taste. The mango variety was listed as the sweetest in the world by the 1995 edition of the Guinness Book of World Records.
There are 14 different strains of Carabao mango. These strains include the Talaban and Fresco of Guimaras, MMSU Gold of the Ilocos Region and Lamao and Sweet Elena of Zambales. A comparative study conducted by Bureau of Agricultural Research of the Department of Agriculture in 2003 found that the Sweet Elena of Zambales is the sweetest Carabao mango strain.
- "Course:Go Mango, Hit the Jackpot!". E-Learning for Agriculture and Fisheries. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- Delmo, Gemma (10 December 2010). "Carabao mango: Philippine's sweet pride". Far Eastern Agriculture. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- Bayarong, Anthony (9 April 2011). "Farmers urged to produce sweet mangoes for export". Sun Star Pampanga. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- Reyes, Rizal Raoul (20 May 2014). "PMSFC modernizing mango farming in PHL". Business Mirror. Archived from the original on 8 August 2014. Retrieved 1 August 2014.
- Fernandez, Rudy (2 December 2006). "Zambales Mango is RP's Sweetest". Philippine Star. Retrieved 1 August 2014.