Capital University of Science & Technology
This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The Capital University of Science & Technology (Urdu: جامع دارالحکومت سائنس و ٹیکنالوجی) or CUST is a private university located in Islamabad, Pakistan. Established in 1998 under the banner of Muhammad Ali Jinnah University (MAJU) Islamabad Campus, the university offers undergraduate and post-graduate programs with a strong emphasis on business management, applied sciences, engineering and computer science.
جامع دارالحکومت سائنس و ٹیکنالوجی
|Motto||In pursuit of Excellence|
|Affiliation||Higher Education Commission (Pakistan), Pakistan Engineering Council, Washington Accord|
|Chancellor||Mian Amer Mahmood|
|Vice-Chancellor||Dr. M. Mansoor Ahmed|
|Colours||Blue, white, red|
The Punjab Group of Colleges has been serving the community with education since 1985. Punjab College of Commerce was the first institution to be established by the Group at Lahore. The Group is extending its network to several cities in the country.
Under the umbrella of the Punjab Group of Colleges, Punjab College of Business Administration (PCBA) and Punjab Institution of Computer Science (PICS) have emerged as business and computer science institutions. Punjab Law College and Punjab College of Information Technology are also links in this chain of colleges.
As a tribute to the Father of the Nation, the group named its next ambitious project as Mohammad Ali Jinnah University. The university was granted its charter by the government of Sindh in 1998. The Islamabad campus was established after obtaining an NOC from UGC, dated 17 August 1998 and dated 29 November 2001 and NOC from HEC dated 27 September 2003.
Resource Academia was established in Islamabad after the success of the school in Lahore in 2003. The institution will provide education from preschool to grade VIII at the junior level and from O level to A level at the senior level. The aim of the group is to establish a nationwide network of schools.
The group has established institutions providing education from the pre-school level to the Ph.D level. The campuses are located in the major cities of Pakistan.
CUST has departments of Computer Science, Bioinformatics and Biosciences, Mathematics, Software Engineering in the Faculty of Computing and Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering in the Faculty of Engineering; in the Faculty of Business Administration and Social Sciences, there are departments of Business Administration, Economics and Social Sciences.
In addition to pure academic programs, CUST runs training programs, seminars and workshops. The university has started doctoral programs in Computer Sciences, Mathematics, Bioinformatics, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Management Sciences.
Research groups and labsEdit
- Center of Research in Networks and Telecommunications (CoReNeT)
- Center of Research in Networks and Telecommunications (CoReNeT) at CUST fosters research and development activity in the rapidly growing field of networks and telecommunications.
- Control and Signal Processing Research Group (CASPR)
- Control and Signal Processing Research Group at CUST.
- Vision and Pattern Recognition Research Group (VISPRS)
- Vision and Pattern Recognition Group of CUST is involved in basic and applied research in the fields of Image Processing, Machine/Computer Vision and Pattern Recognition/Classification.
- ACME Center for Research in Wireless Communications(ARWiC)
- The mission of the ACME Center for Research in Wireless Communication (ARWiC) is to conducted research in networking (core, wireless, sensors), mobile and pervasive computing, distributed and grid computing, cellular networks and social networks.
- Center for Software Dependability (CSD)
- Center for Software Dependability (CSD) is a research group at Capital University of Science & Technology, Islamabad, Pakistan founded in June, 2003. The group has been working in diverse areas within the domain of Software Dependability, with focus on Software Reliability, Formal Methods, Model Driven Architecture and Software Testing.
Engineering Societies at CUSTEdit
- American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME)
- Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE)
- American Society of Heating, Refrigerating and Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
- Engineers Voice
- Hope-CUST Welfare Society
- Engineer's Forum
- Jinnah Engineering Society
- Energy and Environment
- Anis, Muhammad (19 May 2015). "NA okays Capital University of Science & Technology". The News. Retrieved 23 October 2015.