|Founded||July 29th, 1967 (as Tsugami Specialty Machine Co., Ltd.), 1986 (as Tokki Corporation Ltd.)|
|Chairman and CEO, Teruhisa Tsugami|
|Products||OLED manufacturing equipment, vacuum deposition systems|
Number of employees
The company began producing Factory Automation systems, machine tools and production tools. In 1983 it began to produce vacuum thin film deposition equipment. In 1986, Tsugami Specialty Machine, Nagaoka Precision, Tsugami Robotics, and UPR Co., Ltd. merged to form Tokki Corporation Ltd. It began OLED material deposition equipment research in 1993, and in 1996, it started to sell its OLED material deposition equipment.
In 2001 it purchased the Niigata Factory from Niigata Keiso Co., Ltd., which became Tokki's main production base. In 2004, Tokki spun off its Factory Automation division forming the subsidiary Tokki Industries Co., Ltd. In 2009, Tokki moved its headquarters from Tokyo to its factory in Niigata. In 2010, Tokki sold Tokki Industries Co., Ltd to Marubeni Corporation. In 2010, Tokki was bought by Canon Inc., and in 2012 it changed its name to Canon Tokki.
An increase in orders enabled the company to double production capacity in 2016, but in 2018 the demand went down as a recovery in the equipment market had been lagged behind that of the display market.
- "Corporate Profile | About Canon Tokki". Canon Tokki Corporation.
- "Tokki to double its vacuum evaporation equipment capacity to meet OLED demand | OLED-Info". www.oled-info.com.
- Hardwick, Tim. "Apple Buys Specialist Machinery to Set Up OLED Panel R&D Line in Taiwan". www.macrumors.com.
- "LG orders two 6-Gen flexible OLED deposition systems from Canon Tokki | OLED-Info". www.oled-info.com.
- "Sunic System aims for IPO as sales grow following 6-Gen equipment sales to LGD | OLED-Info". www.oled-info.com.
- "Canon Tokki OLED Equipment Production Shortages Might Not Be Able to Match iPhone 8 Demands". LEDinside. TrendForce Corp. December 23, 2016. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- Alpeyev, Pavel; Amano, Takashi. "Apple's Search for Better iPhone Screens Leads to Japan's Rice Fields". bloomberg.com. Bloomberg L. P. Retrieved 8 October 2018.
- "Canon says demand for its OLED production equipment is lower than expected". OLED-Info. Metalgrass software. Retrieved 8 October 2018.