The EOS-1D Mark IV is a professional 16.1 effective megapixels digital single lens reflex camera (DSLR) camera body produced by Canon. The EOS-1D Mark IV is the successor of the Canon EOS-1D Mark III and was announced on 20 October 2009, just four days after Nikon announced the D3s. It used to be the only Canon APS-H format DSLR to feature HD video recording at 1080p resolution.
|Type||Digital single-lens reflex|
|Sensor||27.9mm × 18.6mm (1.3x conversion factor); CMOS, APS-H Format (16.1 effective megapixels)|
|Maximum resolution||4896 × 3264 (16.0 recorded megapixels)|
|Storage media||CompactFlash (Type I or Type II), Secure Digital|
|Focus modes||Autofocus (One-Shot AF, Predictive AI Servo AF), Manual Focus (MF)|
|Focus areas||45 AF points with 39 cross-type AF points|
|Exposure metering||63-zone TTL full aperture metering|
|Metering modes||Evaluative metering, Partial metering, Spot metering, Centerweighted average metering|
|Shutter||Vertical-travel, mechanical, focal-plane shutter with all speeds electronically controlled|
|Shutter speed range||1/8000 to 30 sec. (1/3-stop increments) and bulb|
|Continuous shooting||10fps up to 28/121 frames (raw/JPEG Large Fine)|
|Viewfinder||100% coverage optical pentaprism|
|LCD screen||3.0 in, 920,000 dots TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor|
|Replaced||Canon EOS-1D Mark III|
|Successor||Canon EOS-1D X|
It received a Gold Award from Digital Photography Review.
- 27.9mm × 18.6mm; 16.1 effective megapixels APS-H CMOS sensor
- Dual DIGIC 4 image processors
- Canon EF lens mount (excludes EF-S)
- New autofocus module (45 AF points with 39 cross-type AF points)
- Integrated sensor cleaning system
- 1.3× crop factor
- 100–12800 ISO speed equivalent (expandable to L: 50, H1: 25600, H2: 51200 or H3: 102400)
- 30–1/8000 sec. shutter speed and bulb
- Shutter unit tested to 300,000 cycles
- Auto Lighting Optimizer
- Magnesium Alloy weather sealed body
- Eye-level pentaprism viewfinder with approx. 100% coverage at 0.76× magnification
- Live preview mode
- 3.0 in, 920,000 dots Clear View II TFT color, liquid-crystal monitor with 160° viewing angle
- 10 frames per second continuous shooting (Large JPEG: max. 121 frames, raw: max. 28 frames)
- Dimensions (W×H×D): 156 × 156.6 × 89.9 mm
- "EOS-1D Mark IV". Canon Camera Museum.
- "What's New in the EOS-1D Mark IV: Improved CMOS Sensor".
- "Canon EOS-1D X". Canon Camera Museum.
- "Canon Europe – Introducing the Canon EOS-1D Mark IV". 20 October 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2009.
- "Canon EOS-1D Mark IV Digital SLR". 20 October 2009. Retrieved 20 October 2009.
- Alexandra Chang (19 October 2011). "Canon announces EOS-1D X DSLR camera for pros". Macworld. Retrieved 9 January 2012.