Platform View with floor mural and wallpaper for 1st and 2nd platforms
|Location||6610 Canoga Ave, Canoga Park, Los Angeles|
|Platforms||4 side platforms|
|Bicycle facilities||24 bike rack spaces|
32 bike lockers
|Opened||December 27, 2006|
Canoga was built as an infill station and was opened on December 27, 2006, about 14 months after the other stations eastward on the line opened.  Canoga was built to alleviate the lack of parking available at other Orange Line stations in the West Valley, providing a total of 612 new parking spaces at opening, and was also built to be the starting point for the extension northward to Chatsworth.
The 4 miles (6.4 km) Metro Orange Line Chatsworth Extension was completed on June 30, 2012 from Canoga Station north through downtown Canoga Park to the Chatsworth Amtrak/Metrolink Station in Chatsworth. The extension travels north-south along Canoga Avenue. The Canoga station parking lot capacity was reduced to 258 spaces for the Metro Orange Line route's extension north, but a 207 space parking lot was included at the next new stop, the Sherman Way station.
The Chatsworth Extension project added two new platforms to the station, for a total of four platforms. The newer platforms serving the Chatsworth extension were northbound platform #1 and eastbound platform #2. The original platforms used by buses serving Warner Center were renumbered as westbound platform #3 and eastbound platform #4. A digital message sign was installed at the entrance to the station which indicated at what time the next Orange Line bus will arrive, its destination, and the platform it will stop at.
With the elimination of the Warner Center station in June 2018, the original platforms are now used by local buses to provide connections to Orange Line passengers.
|■ Orange Line||toward Chatsworth (Chatsworth)|
|■ Orange Line||toward North Hollywood (De Soto)|
Metro Busway serviceEdit
Orange Line service operates 24 hours a day.
- Bed, Bath & Beyond
- Best Buy
- Beverages & More!
- Carter's Children Wear
- HigherGround Inc.
- Nordstroms Rack
- Pier 1 Imports
- Sports Authority (store)
- Westfield Topanga Plaza & Village — 1 block walk west from station, Victory & Owensmouth.
- Nieman Marcus
- Chipotle (Victory & Canoga)
- Dragon King (Vanowen & Canoga)
- Westfield Topanga Plaza & Village − numerous options
- "Orange Line station information". Retrieved 2010-10-02.
- New Canoga Station, Park & Ride Lot Opens on Western Terminus of Metro Orange Line
- "New Canoga Station, Park & Ride Lot Opens on Western Terminus of Metro Orange Line". December 27, 2006. Archived from the original on January 2, 2007. Retrieved June 25, 2018.
- L.A.Metro: Chatsworth extension . accessed 1.2.2012
- Metro Orange Line Extension - from Canoga Station to Chatsworth Metrolink Station (opened 2012).
- "Metro Orange Line Timetable" (PDF). Los Angeles County Metropolitan Transportation Authority. June 24, 2018. Retrieved June 25, 2018.