ICF Canoe Marathon World Championship
ICF Canoe Marathon World Championships is an International Canoe Federation competitions in canoe marathon in which athletes compete over long distances. The race usually starts and ends at the same place, and includes portages. Race categories vary by the number of athletes in the boat, the length of the course, and whether the boat is a canoe or kayak. In a kayak, the paddler is seated in the direction of travel, and uses a double-bladed paddle. In a canoe the paddler kneels on one knee with the other leg forward and foot flat on the floor inside the boat, and paddles a single-bladed paddle on one side only. The World Championships were held every two years from 1988, becoming annual in 1998.
- 1988: Nottingham, United Kingdom
- 1990: Copenhagen, Denmark
- 1992: Brisbane, Australia
- 1994: Amsterdam, Netherlands
- 1996: Vaxholm, Sweden
- 1998: Cape Town, South Africa
- 1999: Győr, Hungary
- 2000: Dartmouth, Canada
- 2001: Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom
- 2002: Zamora, Spain
- 2003: Valladolid, Spain
- 2004: Bergen, Norway
- 2005: Perth, Australia
- 2006: Tremolat, France
- 2007: Győr, Hungary
- 2008: Týn nad Vltavou, Czech Republic
- 2009: Gaia, Portugal
- 2010: Banyoles, Spain
- 2011: Singapore
- 2012: Rome, Italy
- 2013: Copenhagen, Denmark
- 2014: Oklahoma City, United States
- 2015: Győr, Hungary
- 2016: Brandenburg an der Havel, Germany
- 2017: Pietermaritzburg, South Africa
- 2018: Vila Verde, Portugal
- 2019: Shaoxing, China
- 2020: Bærum, Norway—cancelled due to the COVID-19 pandemic
- 2021: Pitesti, Romania
- 2022: Ponte de Lima, Portugal
The following tables give the results.
|2015||Zsanett Lakatos (HUN)||Kincső Takács (HUN)||Marine Sansinena (FRA)|
|2016||Zsanett Lakatos (HUN)||Julie Cailleretz (FRA)||Liudmyla Babak (UKR)|
|2017||Liudmyla Babak (UKR)||Zsanett Lakatos (HUN)||Jana Ježová (CZE)|
|2018||Liudmyla Babak (UKR)||Zsófia Kisbán (HUN)||Marine Sansinena (FRA)|
|2019||Liudmyla Babak (UKR)||Xin Caiyun (CHN)||Zsófia Kisbán (HUN)|
|2021||Liudmyla Babak (UKR)||Volha Klimava (BLR)||Zsófia Kisbán (HUN)|
- "Canoe Marathon". International Canoe Federation.
- "What is canoe marathon?". ICF. Archived from the original on 27 April 2014. Retrieved 26 April 2014.
- Nymoen, Ole Christian (10 October 2020). "Kroken på døren for VM i Sandvika – blir ingen utsettelse". Budstikka (in Norwegian). p. 28.
- "Canoe Marathon Results". International Canoe Federation. Retrieved 26 May 2017.