Canary, LLC is an oilfield services company with headquarters in Denver, Colorado. The company became the sixth largest wellhead company in the United States when Frontier Energy Group, LLC acquired Canary Wellhead Equipment Inc.
|Predecessor||Frontier Energy Group, LLC|
|Dan K. Eberhart (CEO)|
|Services||wellheads, frac tree rental|
|Revenue||US$ 100 million|
Number of employees
Canary, LLC changed its name from Frontier Energy Group, LLC in January 2013. The rebranding occurred when Denver, Colorado-based Frontier Energy acquired Oklahoma City-based Canary Wellhead Equipment Inc. Canary Wellhead was founded in 1984 by Lynn Blevins and Jim Chappell, who both joined Canary, LLC as vice presidents.
The company was formed in 2009 when CEO Dan K. Eberhart purchased Frontier Energy Group, LLC after quitting a job at a Houston-based oilfield services company. Over the next three years, Eberhart acquired additional oilfield service companies, spending about $100 million before acquiring Canary Wellhead Equipment in 2013. These acquisitions were Kodiak Testing Company in 2009; Cable Inc., Western Wellhead Grand Junction, and Hanson Hot Oil in 2010; Luft Machine and Supply Co. in 2011; and Spicer Wireline Inc. in 2012.
When the company acquired Hanson Hot Oil in 2010, it became the largest hot oil company in the Williston Basin of North Dakota. The two companies operated as Frontier Hot Oil out of Watford City, North Dakota.
In 2014, the company acquired American Wellhead, which operates in the Permian Basin.
As Canary, LLC, the company has 26 locations in the United States and operates in the Bakken and Utica Shale plays and Mississippi Lime Field. It has over $100 million in revenue and is the 6th largest wellhead company in the United States.
In 2014, Canary was listed as number 1503 on the Inc. 5000 and was the tenth fastest growing private company in Denver.
- "CEO Dan Eberhart discusses newly formed Canary LLC." Archived 2014-01-03 at the Wayback Machine Oil and Gas Financial Journal. Jan. 21, 2013
- Monies, Paul. "Denver company buys Oklahoma City's Canary Wellhead Equipment." Jan. 16, 2013
- Proctor, Cathy. "Oilfield services expanding to keep pace with drilling." Denver Business Journal. Feb. 1, 2013
- Lefebvre, Ben. "Frontier Energy Buys Canary Wellhead." The Wall Street Journal. Jan. 14, 2013
- Caldwell, Dave. "Wild Frontier." Minot Daily News. Nov. 29, 2010
- "Frontier Wellhead acquires Hanson Hot Oil." The Sidney Herald. Nov. 16, 2010
- Paul, Corey. “Canary, LLC buys Odessa-based American Wellhead.” OA Online. Jan. 23, 2014
- Henry, Zoe. “The 10 Fastest-Growing Private Companies in Denver." Sept. 30, 2014