|Founder||The Canali family|
|Paolo Canali (Sales & Marketing Director)|
Andrea Pompilio (Creative Consultant)
Elisabetta Canali (Global Communication Director)
|Products||Luxury Men's Clothing|
Number of employees
In the 1950s, the ownership of Canali passed on to the second generation of the family. In the 1970s, Canali was the first Italian tailor to introduce mechanised cutting machines. In 1980, 50% of its sales were international.
In 2007, the company abandoned its family-managed policy.
In 2009, Canali released a bandhgala suit for the Indian market, the only "indigenization" ever in the brand's products. In 2010, New York Yankees pitcher Mariano Rivera was the spokesmodel for a Canali advertisement campaign, the first time the brand used an athlete for advertising purposes. In 2014, Canali opened its first store in Spain, in Madrid, and signed a franchise deal with the Spanish company Yusty. In 2015, Canali opened a store in Washington DC. In December 2015, Canali opened its own online shop for the first time.
In October 2017, Canali closed the Carate Brianza factory and dismissed its 134 employees. In November 2017, the company denied rumors it was looking for a buyer. In September 2018, Canali entered the Chinese ecommerce market through a partnership with Secoo.
Led by the third generation of the family, Canali employs 1,500 people in seven factories in Italy, where it makes about 250,000 individual pieces of clothing annually. In 2012, 87.5% of the total production was exported;
Canali provides a Su Misura service which consists of a tailored-made pieces and personalized artistry to make a piece unique.
- Leitch, Luke (23 October 2013). "Road map to success, Italian style". The Telegraph. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- (in Spanish) C. Preja, La italiana Canali se suma a la invasión de la sastrería en España con su primera tienda en Madrid, Modaes.es, 4 November 2013
- Moinak Mitra, Italian luxury brand Canali strikes the Indian chord, Indiatimes.com, 27 October 2010
- "Canali to Use Mariano Rivera in Fall Ads". WWD. 16 August 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Harvey Araton, The Understated Elegance of the Yankees’ Rivera, Nytimes.com, 25 April 2010
- Michael Neibauer, Rejoice, men who enjoy a finely tailored suit: Canali coming to CityCenterDC, Bizjournals.com, 30 January 2015
- Yes, We Canali, Urbandaddy.com, 3 April 2015
- (in Spanish) La tienda online de Canali ya es una realidad, Eleconomista.es, 6 December 2015
- Sandra Salibian, Canali to Close a Factory, Dismiss 134 Employees, Wwd.com, 17 October 2017
- Sandra Salibian, Canali Denies Sale Rumors, Wwd.com, 25 November 2017
- Canali Brings Its Italian Designs to Chinese E-commerce, Jingdaily.com, 28 September 2018
- Leitch, Luke (21 June 2013). "Mencyclopaedia: Canali". The Telegraph. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- "Canali relaunches at 80 years". MFfashion. Retrieved 16 June 2014.
- Joseph DeAcetis, How Canali Menswear Uses Innovation To Achieve Aesthetic Perfection As Consumers Evolve, Forbes.com, 17 June 2019