Campionato Sammarinese di Calcio
Campionato Sammarinese di Calcio (English translation: Sammarinese Football Championship) is an amateur league competition for football clubs located at the top echelon of the Sammarinese football league system and has been operating since the 1985-1986 season. Currently, Campionato Sammarinese di Calcio is ranked at No.54/55 among European leagues according to UEFA's league coefficient, which is based on the performance of Sammarinese clubs in the Champions League and the Europa League.
|Founded||2 October 1985|
|Number of teams||15 (7 in Girone A; 8 in Girone B)|
|Level on pyramid||1|
|Domestic cup(s)||Coppa Titano|
Super Coppa Sammarinese
|International cup(s)||UEFA Champions League|
UEFA Europa League
|Current champions||La Fiorita (5th title) |
|Most championships||S.P. Tre Fiori (7)|
Until 1996, the league had two levels, Serie A1 and Serie A2, and a relegation/promotion system. However, the teams promoted from the second level could also participate in the championship play-off against Serie A1's first teams. Nowadays, all the clubs play at the same level, split into two divisions called Girone. The first three teams in each girone enter a play-off tournament to decide the championship winners, who qualify for the UEFA Champions League preliminary phase. The domestic cup winners qualify for the Europa League preliminary phase.
The teams play home and away matches in their girone and once against the teams from the other girone.
Sanmarinese teams do not have home grounds of their own. Instead, the following venues are randomly chosen for every match:
- Dogana ground (located in a frazione of Serravalle)
- Fiorentino ground
- the Fonte dell'Ovo ground (located in Domagnano)
- Serravalle "B" ground
- Domagnano ground
Sometimes the Stadio Olimpico, based in Serravalle, is also used. Since there are not many grounds, matches are played on two days of each week, usually Saturday and Sunday. The play-off finals and the European fixtures are always played in the Stadio Olimpico.
Teams participating in 2015–16 seasonEdit
There are 15 teams in Campionato Sammarinese, split in two gruppi:
Gruppo B (7 teams)Edit
Winners by seasonEdit
Titles by teamEdit
- "San Marino - List of Champions". RSSSF. Retrieved 3 November 2014.
- "UEFA Country Ranking 2015". Retrieved 9 August 2014.
- UEFA.com. "San Marino - Member associations - Inside UEFA". UEFA.com. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
- "San Marino and the true meaning of football". thesefootballtimes.co. Retrieved 2018-11-24.
- uefa.com – Football Europe – News & Features – News Specific
- "FSGC | Campionato Sammarinese". Sammarinese Football Federation. Retrieved 25 November 2015.
- (in Italian) Federazione Sammarinese Giuoco Calcio official site
- San Marino - List of Champions, RSSSF.com