Born into the aristocratic Cybo Malaspina family, he was the son of Carlo II Cybo, duke of Massa, who was a descendant of Pope Innocent VIII and Teresa Pamfili. Cybo was great grand nephew of Pope Innocent X, and nephew of Cardinal Benedetto Pamphili.
|Reference style||His Eminence|
|Spoken style||Your Eminence|
|See||Patriarchy of Constantinople|
- 1705 — Ordained as Priest
- 1718 — Appointed as Titular Patriarch of Constantinople. He was ordained Bishop that same year, and named Auditor general of the Apostolic Chamber.
- 1729 — Elevated to Cardinal Santo Stefano al Monte Celio in the Consistory of March 23, under Benedict XIII.
- 1731 — Appointed Cardinal-Priest of Santa Maria del Popolo
- 1741 — Appointed Protector of Santa Maria degli Angeli
Patronage of the artsEdit
- The family name is sometimes also spelled Cibo
- "Camillo Cardinal Cibo (Cybo)". Catholic-Hierarchy.org. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Miranda, Salvador. "The Cardinals of the Holy Roman Church – Biographical Dictionary – Consistory of March 23, 1729". Florida International University. Archived from the original on 5 October 2012. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Williams, p.112
- Mac Veigh, p. 206
- Williams, George L. (2004). Papal Genealogy: The Families And Descendants Of The Popes. McFarland. ISBN 9780786420711. Retrieved 2012-12-26.
- Mac Veigh, Simon; Hirshberg, Jehoash (2004). The Italian Solo Concerto, 1700–1760: Rhetorical Strategies and Style History. Boydell Press. ISBN 9781843830924. Retrieved 2012-12-26.