Ernest Cameron Schilling (born October 7, 1988), is an American professional ice hockey defenseman. He is currently playing with and serving as an alternate captain of the Manitoba Moose in the American Hockey League (AHL) while under contract to the Winnipeg Jets organization of the National Hockey League (NHL).
October 7, 1988|
Carmel, Indiana, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||196 lb (89 kg; 14 st 0 lb)|
|NHL team (P)|
Manitoba Moose (AHL)
Upon completion of his four-year collegiate career, he was signed as a free agent to a two-year entry level contract with the Washington Capitals on March 27, 2012. He was then assigned to make his professional debut on an amateur try-out contract with the Capitals AHL affiliate, the Hershey Bears, to end the 2011–12 season.
In the first full professional season, Schilling was assigned directly to the Hershey Bears to start the 2012–13 season, due to the NHL lockout. After 54 games with the Bears recording 8 points as a defensive defenseman, Schilling received his first NHL recall by the Capitals on March 12, 2013. With the Capitals suffering a rash of injuries on the blueline he made his NHL debut the same day, in a 4-0 loss to the Carolina Hurricanes.
Schilling signed a two-year contract with the Chicago Blackhawks on July 2, 2015 after hitting the free agency market. He was assigned to AHL affiliate, the Rockford IceHogs for the duration of the 2015–16 season, contributing with 5 goals and 22 points in a professional high 73 contests.
In the midst of the 2016–17 season, having continued with the IceHogs and unable to earn a recall to the Blackhawks, Schilling was traded to the Los Angeles Kings in exchange for Michael Latta on January 21, 2017.
On July 1, 2017, Schilling signed a one-year, two-way deal as a free agent with the Winnipeg Jets. On November 28, 2018, with injuries to the Jets defence, and a Moose player that would've been called up instead, Schilling got a call up to the Winnipeg Jets. On November 29, 2018, his first NHL game in 1359 days, Schilling got his first NHL point, after breaking up a play in the defensive zone against the Chicago Blackhawks, leading to a Jets goal.
- "Capitals sign defenseman Cameron Schilling". Washington Capitals. 2012-03-27. Retrieved 2012-03-27.
- "Capitals recall Schilling from Hershey". Washington Capitals. 2013-03-12. Retrieved 2013-03-12.
- "Former RedHawk Schilling makes NHL debut". Miami RedHawks. 2013-03-13. Archived from the original on 2014-03-07. Retrieved 2013-03-13.
- "Report: Blackhawks sign defenseman Cameron Schilling". CBS Chicago. 2015-07-02. Retrieved 2015-07-02.
- "Blackhawks acquire Michael Latta from Kings for Cam Schilling". Sportsnet.ca. 2017-01-21. Retrieved 2017-01-21.
- "Jets sign Cameron Schilling". Winnipeg Jets. 2017-07-01. Retrieved 2017-07-01.