California Historical Landmark
Historical significance is determined by meeting at least one of the criteria listed below:
- The first, last, only, or most significant of its type in the state or within a large geographic region (Northern, Central, or Southern California);
- Associated with an individual or group having a profound influence on the history of California; or
- A prototype of, or an outstanding example of, a period, style, architectural movement or construction; or is one of the more notable works, or the best surviving work in a region, of a pioneer architect, designer, or master builder.
California Historical Landmarks of number 770 and above are automatically listed in the California Register of Historical Resources.
- www.californiahistoricallandmarks.com, private listings of California Historical Landmark
- Historical Landmark Database, private listings of Historical Landmark
- Historical California Landmark Database, private listings of California Historical Landmark
- "California Historical Landmarks". State of California, Office of Historic Preservation. Retrieved 2011-12-01.
- State of California, Office of Historic Preservation, California Historical Landmarks Registration
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to |
California Historical Landmarks.
- Official OHP—California Office of Historic Preservation website
- OHP: California Historical Sites searchpage — links to lists by county.