Cairo Stadium Indoor Halls Complex
Cairo Stadium Indoor Halls Complex (Arabic: مجمع الصالات المغطاة باستاد القاهرة الدولي) consists of four Olympic-standard, multi-use indoor sporting arenas located near the Cairo International Stadium in Cairo, Egypt. The capacity of the Main Hall, which is used mostly for basketball, is 16,900 spectators. It is one of the 2020 BAL season venues. The Main Hall is used for several events, like basketball, handball, volleyball, international conferences, parties and fairs.
|Full name||Cairo Stadium Indoor Halls Complex|
|Capacity||16,900 (Main Hall)|
1,620 (Hall 2)
720 (Hall 3 and 4)
|Construction cost||L.E. 248 million|
|Project manager||Egypt Consulting Office Hassan Roshdy|
|General contractor||Arab Contractors|
|Main contractors||Ministry of Youth and Sports|
The complex, the first of its kind in Africa and the Middle East and the third internationally, was completed in September 1991.
It was built in time for the 1991 All-Africa Games. Other sporting events held at the Complex include:
- 1993 Men's Junior World Handball Championship
- 1999 World Men's Handball Championship
- 2005 World Judo Championships
- 2009 Men's Junior World Handball Championship
- 2010 African Men's Handball Championship
- 2015 Men's African Volleyball Championship
- 2016 African Men's Handball Championship
- 2016 FIBA Africa Under-18 Championship for Women
- 2017 FIBA Under-19 Basketball World Cup
- 2017 FIVB Volleyball Men's U23 World Championship
- 2021 World Men's Handball Championship
- "Indoor Complex". cairo-stadium.org.eg. Retrieved 22 January 2020.
- "The Indoor Sports Hall Complex - Cairo - Arab Contractors". www.arabcont.com. Archived from the original on 17 April 2019. Retrieved 17 April 2019.
Media related to Cairo stadium at Wikimedia Commons
Park Dome Kumamoto
| World Men's Handball Championship
Palais Omnisports de Paris-Bercy
|This article about an Egyptian sports venue is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|