|Founders||James Sleater, Ian Meiers|
Cad and the Dandy was founded in 2008 James Sleater and Ian Meiers, two former bankers. They met through a supplier, as both pursued a similar business idea independently, and agreed to start the company together, each contributing £20,000 of initial capital. Both had family connections to the tailoring industry, giving them knowledge helpful in launching the new company.
After initially conducting fittings in rented office space, they came to an arrangement with Chittleborough & Morgan to allow appointments in their shop on Savile Row. In October 2009, the company opened its first permanent store in the City of London.
The company had a turnover of £1.3M in 2010, and was listed by The Guardian in the Courvoisier Future 500. In July 2010 the founders won the Bento Entrepreneur of the Year Award at the Macworld Awards and in July 2013 they opened permanent premises on Savile Row.
Based in London, Cad & the Dandy employs more than 30 tailors in three workshops. The company launched a new flagship store at 13 Savile Row in June 2013. The store is the first on the tailoring street to hand-weave a cloth before making it up into a fully finished suit. The company established an apprenticeship programme for would-be tailors in London.
- "Cad and the Dandy well suited to cutting it in the tailoring business". London: The Daily Telegraph. 4 March 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- Hugo Greenhalgh (4 April 2011). "Never mind the recession, feel the quality". Financial Times.
- "Our New Shop". Cad and the Dandy. 7 October 2009. Archived from the original on 13 March 2012. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- "The City boys offering a cut above". City AM. 24 September 2010. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- "Future 500 - Fashion and Retail". The Guardian. London. 7 December 2009. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- "Macworld Awards: Winners Cad and The Dandy profiled". Macworld. 27 July 2010. Archived from the original on 10 June 2011. Retrieved 28 September 2010.
- Cad & The Dandy, Savile Row Tailor – The Perfect Number:13
- "Savile Row's Biggest Tailor, Cad & The Dandy, Buys Scandinavia's Oldest Tailor – Götrich". MyGuide2Stockholm. 16 February 2018. Retrieved 12 May 2020.
- Cad & The Dandy launches Savile Row flagship