COVID-19 pandemic in Odisha
The first case of the COVID-19 pandemic was confirmed in the Indian state of Odisha on 16 March 2020. The state has confirmed a total of 1,517 cases, including 861 active cases, 649 recoveries, and 7 deaths as of 26 May.
|COVID-19 pandemic in Odisha|
|First outbreak||Wuhan, China|
|Arrival date||16 March 2020|
(2 months, 2 weeks and 3 days)
|Confirmed cases||1,438 (25 May 2020)|
|Recovered||649 (25 May 2020)|
|7 (22 May 2020)|
|29 districts out of 30 districts :- Angul, Balangir, Balasore, Baragarh, Bhadrak, Boudh, Cuttack, Deogarh, Dhenkanal, Gajapati, Ganjam, Jagatsinghpur, Jajpur, Jharsuguda, Kalahandi, Kandhamal, Kendrapara, Keonjhar, Khordha, Koraput, Malkangiri, Mayurbhanj, Nawarangpur, Nayagarh, Nuapada, Puri, Sambalpur, Sonepur, Sundergarh|
- On 16 March, a 31-year-old man from Bhubaneswar who had returned from Italy became the first confirmed case in the state of Odisha.
- The samples of a 72-year-old man from Bhubaneswar who died on 6 April came back positive on 7 April, marking the first coronavirus death in the state.
- Odisha reports its second death in the state. A 77-year-old man from Bhubaneswar who died on 5 May night at KIMS Covid Hospital.
- A positive case from Mumbai is admitted in AIIMS Hospital. However, this case was counted in Maharashtra's cases, rather than in Odisha's cases.
- Two more death in Ganjam. Death case rises to 4.
- Death case rises to 5, as a 75-year-old man from Cuttack died. He was later tested and found to be positive for Covid-19.
- Death case rises to 6, As a 70-year-old male from Khordha district died. He has tested positive for Covid-19.
- Death case rises to 7, As a 85-year-old man from Ganjam district suffering from Covid-19 Disease died.
|Tests per million people [note 1]||2,926|
|As of 25 May 2020[update]|
|COVID-19 Pandemic In Odisha By Districts|
|Cuttack||71||03||01||75||03/04/2020||5th Death in Odisha.|
|Ganjam||107||248||03||358||02/05/2020||3rd 4th and 7th Death in Odisha.|
|Khordha||32||51||03||86||16/03/2020||1st, 2nd and 6th Death In Odisha.|
|Total (all districts)||861||649||07||1517||First Case
|Total 29 Districts Out Of 30 Districts||1,31,595
|As of 26/05/2020 : 10:00 AM IST|
(Updates Every Day Between 11:30 AM To 12:00 PM IST)
Source: Covid-19 State Homepage Covid-19 Dashboard District Wise Details
|Gender Wise Details On Covid-19|
|Age Wise Details On Covid-19|
|Lockdown Zone By Districts In Odisha|
|District||Zone||No. Of Districts|
|All Other Districts||Green||12|
- Population based on 2019 estimates from National Health Mission 
- "Health Department". health.odisha.gov.in. Retrieved 2020-05-06.
- "Odisha reports first positive coronavirus case, man returned from Italy". India Today. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- "Odisha records first coronavirus death, positive cases rise to 42 in the state". The Print. Retrieved 11 April 2020.
- "Odisha reports 2nd Coronavirus death, total cases at 177 till 5th May Night". Business Insider. Retrieved 2020-05-07.
- "Health Department". health.odisha.gov.in. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- "Odisha revises COVID-19 death toll from 5 to 4 as Ganjam deceased's report tests negative, tally at 828". The New Indian Express. Retrieved 2020-05-18.
- Odisha, H. & FW Dept (2020-05-18). "Sorry to inform that a 75 year old patient of Cuttack suffering from severe comorbidities and chronic pulmonary disease was admitted to AIIMS Bhubaneswar Emergency and unfortunately passed away within a few hours. He was later tested and found to be positive for #COVID19". @HFWOdisha. Retrieved 2020-05-19.
- Odisha, H. & FW Dept (2020-05-19). "Sorry to inform that a 70 year male of Khordha district, having history of comorbidity of hypertension, was admitted in AIIMS Emergency yesterday with respiratory distress and passed away the same day. He has tested positive for COVID-19". @HFWOdisha. Retrieved 2020-05-20.
- "Coronavirus death toll in Odisha rises to 7, 1 new death from Ganjam". KalingaTV. 2020-05-21. Retrieved 2020-05-21.
- "Report_Population_Projection_2019.pdf" (PDF).
- Covid-19 Dashboard By Health Department (Department of Health and Family Welfare) Of Odisha.
- Covid-19 Status By Mohfw (Ministry of Health and Family Welfare) Of India.
- Covid-19 Hotspot Districts In India.
- Covid-19 Details In Odisha By Covid-19 Odisha.
- Covid-19 Details In India By Covid-19 India.
- Covid-19 Statistics In India By MyGov.
- Covid-19 Details Worldwide By Worldometers.
- Covid-19 Map Worldwide By Google News.
- Covid-19 Pandemic Worldwide By WHO (World Health Organization).