This article needs additional citations for verification. (February 2018) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
CNK International (Korean: CNK 인터내셔널) company located in South Korea that is primarily involved in the metals and mining industry. The company engages in the development of mineral resources projects with a focus on gold and diamond in Cameroon, Africa. The company also imports, processes, and sells gold and diamond in South Korea. CNK International was established as Koko Entertainment (Korean: 코코 엔터테인먼트), an animation studio founded by Myong Ok Jeon on March 2, 1990. The company's most recognized branding as a former animation studio was Koko Enterprises Ltd. (Korean: 기업 코코). The company originated in the Seocho District in Seoul, South Korea. The company is currently headquartered in the North Gyeongsang Province in South Korea.
|Koko Entertainment (1990–1995)|
Koko Enterprises (1995–2011)
|Founded||March 10, 1990|
|Founder||Myong Ok Jeon|
|Headquarters||North Gyeongsang Province, South Korea|
|Woo-Taek Kim (CEO)|
Kim Jin-Shik (Senior managing director)
Number of employees
In January 1994, the company went public, and in November 1994, Koko Entertainment merged with Pacific Rim Technologies with Koko Entertainment as the surviving company. In July 1995, the company’s name was changed to Koko Enterprises Co, Ltd., and in February 2000, the company registered in the KOSDAQ securities market. On July 2001, Koko Enterprises acquired all the shares of Ani Content as a transfer of goodwill, and in July 2005, Koko Enterprises acquired Dongham Biotech Co., Ltd. In December 2007, they relocated their head offices to the Gangnam District in Seoul, and in December 2009, their offices were relocated to the Jongno District in Seoul.
In February 2011, the company re-branded itself as CNK International Co, Ltd., and in April 2011, the company abandoned the animation industry and entered into the mining industry, specifically non-ferrous metal mining. In November 2011, the company sold off all of its shares of its subsidiary Koko-best as part of a corporate re-structuring. On September 2014, the company ventured into further businesses including tests and research projects on agricultural land improvements, services for testing, research, surveying, design supervision, and extension for farming and fishing village maintenance projects and entering the food industry with restaurants. In November 2014, the company merged with Land Improvement Co., Ltd. with CNK International Co., Ltd. being the surviving company.
Koko has animated and provided ink and paint for the following series and movies:
- Batman: The Animated Series (1992-1995)
- Animaniacs (1993-1998)
- Gargoyles (1994-1997)
- Spider-Man (1994-1998)
- Superman: The Animated Series (1996-2000)
- Soul Frame Lazenca (1997-1998, co-produced with Seoul Movie)
- The New Batman Adventures (1997-1999)
- Men In Black: The Series (1997-2001)
- Hercules and Xena – The Animated Movie: The Battle for Mount Olympus (1998)
- Batman Beyond (1999-2001)
- Spider-Man Unlimited (1999-2001)
- Johnny Bravo (1999-2001)
- The Proud Family (2001-2005)
- Justice League (2001-2004)
- Tom and Jerry: The Magic Ring (2002)
- Totally Spies (2002)
- Secret of Cerulean Sand (2002)
- Chae Chapong Kimchi Pong (2002, co-produced with Dong Woo Animation)
- Crayon Shin-chan (2003–2007)
- The Marshmallow Times (2004-2005, co-produced with Seoul Movie)
- "㈜코코엔터프라이즈 - 기업정보 상세보기 - 방문자수 1위 사람인 www.saramin.co.kr". Saramin. 2008-07-02. Retrieved 2015-11-19.
- "Company Overview of CNK International Co., Ltd". Bloomberg. 2008-07-02. Retrieved 2018-02-06.