CNKI (China National Knowledge Infrastructure, 中国知网) is a key national information construction project under the lead of Tsinghua University, and supported by PRC Ministry of Education, PRC Ministry of Science, Propaganda Department of the Communist Party of China and PRC General Administration of Press and Publication. This project was firstly launched in 1996 by Tsinghua University and Tsinghua Tongfang Company. The first database was China Academic Journals Full-text Database (CD version), which became popular in China rapidly, especially in academic libraries. In 1999, CNKI started to develop online databases. Till now, CNKI has built a comprehensive China Integrated Knowledge Resources System, including journals, doctoral dissertations, masters' theses, proceedings, newspapers, yearbooks, statistical yearbooks, ebooks, patents, standards and so on. 10 services centers have been set in Beijing, North America, Japan, North Korea, Taiwan and Hong Kong. And it is widely used by universities, research institutes, governments, think tanks, companies, hospitals and public libraries around the world.
Type of site
|Digital Resources Publishing|
|Owner||Tongfang Knowledge Network Technology Co., Ltd.|
|Alexa rank||2303（February 2016[update]）|
CNKI keeps integrating new contents and developing new products in 2 aspects: full-text academic resources, software on digitization and knowledge management. Began with academic journals, CNKI has become the largest and mostly-used academic online library in China.
In January 2013, CNKI was designated as the second agent of DOI in mainland China by International DOI Foundation, and the first one was Institute of Scientific and Technical Information of China.
In June 1998, China Academic Journals Electronic Publishlng House (CAJEPH) was officially established, and the standardization system of Chinese academic journals was formally started.
In October 2006, China Academic Journals Full-text lntegrated Database passed the review and acceptance of GAPP.
In April 2008, CNKI signed the cooperation contract with Springer.
In October 2009, CNKl unveiled the construction project of overseas digital library together with world famous foreign partners in the 61st Frankfurt Book Fair.
In April 2012, CNKl European User Forum was held in Market Focus area in London Book Fair.
In November 2013, CNKl Turkey Service Site was officially launched in Istanbul Book Fair, with China being the Guest of Honor.
In September 2014, CNKI signed the cooperation contract with International Journal of Management, Economics and Social Sciences .
In August 2015, Luo Fuhe, deputy chairman of CPPCC, visited CNKI booth during the 22nd Beijing International Book Fair .
- China Academic Journals Full-text Database
- China Doctoral Dissertations/Masters' Theses Full-text Database
- China Yearbooks Full-text Database
- China Statistical Yearbooks Full-text Database
- China Core Newspapers Full-text Database
- China/International Proceedings of Conferences Full-text Database
- Digital Collection on China Studies
- China Reference Works Online
- The National Population Census of China Database
- China Legal Knowledge Integrated Database
- Chinese Citation Database
- China Standards Full-text Database
- China Patents Full-text Database
- China Liberal Arts/Culture Journals Full-text Database
- China STM Focus
- China Government Gazettes Full-text Database
- CNKI Journal Translation Project
- CTM Serial Knowledge Platform
- International Relations Studies Database
- China Economy and Information Database
- E-read China
- Academic Misconduct Literature Check
- KBase Full-text Database Management System
- TPI Information resource Collection and Management System
- KSpider Information Scraping System
- Digitization System
- Dissertation Submission System
- Integrated Solution for Digital Library
- "Cnki.net Site Info". Alexa Internet. Retrieved 2016-02-21.
- "CNKI and Utilization" (in Chinese). Shan Xi Library Journal. April 2005.
- "CNKI发展研究 — Study on the Development of CNKI". doi:10.3969/j.issn.1007-7634.2005.04.033.
- "Commercial website registration file" (in Chinese). Beijing Administration for Industry&Commerce. 2005-02-20.
- "DOI news" (PDF). International DOI Foundation. January 2013.