Christus Health is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprising almost 350 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 175 clinics and outpatient centers and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. Its corporate headquarters are in Irving, Texas.
|Not-for-profit Health System|
|Predecessor||Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word Healthcare System|
|United States, Chile, Mexico and Colombia|
Christus Health services can be found in 60 cities in Texas, Arkansas, Louisiana, Georgia, and New Mexico in the U.S.; also, in the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile Health Network in Santiago, Chile, and Chihuahua, Coahuila, Nuevo León, Puebla, San Luis Potosí, and Tamaulipas in Mexico. The system employs approximately 30,000 people and has more than 9,500 physicians on facility medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. Christus Health is listed among the top ten Catholic health systems in the U.S., and provided more than $313.5 million in total community benefit in Fiscal Year 2011, which equates to more than $858,900 a day in community benefits.
The present company was formed in January 28, 1999 by the merger of Houston's Sisters of Charity Health Care System and San Antonio's Incarnate Word Health System; however its history extends back to 1866, with the founding of St. Mary's Hospital in Galveston, Texas, by the Sisters of Charity religious institute.
The company's mission statement is "To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ."
- "Corporate Facilities". CHRISTUS Health. 2009-06-24. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Modern Healthcare - Volume 38, Issues 40-51 - Page 32 2008 - Irving, Texas-based Christus Health is the majority shareholder in a seven-hospital system in Mexico, Christus Muguerza.
- "Facility search: Find a Christus facility near you". CHRISTUS Health. Retrieved 15 August 2009.
- Saphir, Ann (1999-02-08). "Texas Hospitals Riding Tall: While Hospitals Post Robust Profit Margins, HMOs are Saddled with Mounting Losses". Modern Healthcare: 2.
- "The CHRISTUS legacy Answering the call". Christus Health. Retrieved 2012-06-11.
- "About Us: Our mission, values, and vision". CHRISTUS Health. 2009-06-24. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "CHRISTUS at a Glance". CHRISTUS Health. Retrieved 2012-06-11.
- "Palladium - Awards Program". www.thepalladiumgroup.com. Retrieved 2018-02-17.
- Palladium. "Palladium Announces 2015 Hall of Fame for Executing Strategy". www.prnewswire.com. Retrieved 2018-02-17.