This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (October 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Canadian Forces Station Leitrim, also referred to as CFS Leitrim, is a Canadian Forces Station located in the neighbourhood of Leitrim in Ottawa, Ontario. It is concerned with the interception, decrypting and processing of communication for the Communications Security Establishment and the Canadian Forces, and forms part of the ECHELON system.
The station's motto Pacem Petere means Research For Peace.
CFS Leitrim, located just south of Ottawa, is Canada's oldest operational signal intelligence collection station. Established by the Royal Canadian Corps of Signals in 1941 as I Special Wireless Station and renamed Ottawa Wireless Station in 1949, CFS Leitrim acquired its current name when the Supplementary Radio System was created in 1966. In 1946, the station's complement was 75 personnel. The current strength is 950 military personnel and 50+ civilian employees.
CFS Leitrim provides technical and logistical support to the following units located on the Station:
- Canadian Forces Information Operations Group Headquarters (CFIOGHQ)
- Canadian Forces Network Operations Centre (CFNOC)
- Canadian Forces Signals Intelligence Operations Centre (CFSOC)
- Joint Information and Intelligence Fusion Centre (JIIFC) Detachment
CFS Leitrim remotely operates equipment at the following intercept stations:
- Proc, Jerry (26 October 2013). "CFS Leitrim". Radio Communications and Signals Intelligence in the Royal Canadian Navy. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
-  Archived July 21, 2009, at the Wayback Machine
- "Canadian Forces Station Leitrim". Granite Island Group. 2002. Retrieved 22 November 2014.
- CBC News. Canadian Broadcasting Corporation http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/military-station-security-forces-ottawa-road-closure-1.1386225. Retrieved 15 June 2015. Missing or empty
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-07-22. Retrieved 2011-09-16.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)