CEPT University, formerly the Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology, is an academic institution located near university area in Ahmedabad, India offering undergraduate and postgraduate programmes in areas of natural and developed environment of human society and related disciplines.
Motto in English
|Knowledge with Science and Spirituality|
|Campus||Kasturbhai Lalbhai Campus|
The Centre for Environment Planning & Technology was established as the School of Architecture in 1962, by The Ahmedabad Education Society (AES), followed by the School of Planning, School of Building Science and Technology and School of Interior Design in 1972, 1982 and 1991 respectively, which were established with aid from the Ministry of Human Resource Development, the Government of Gujarat and the Ford Foundation.
Until 2002 the institute was autonomous and awarded its own diplomas while being recognized by the All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE). From 2002 to 2005 it was affiliated to Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University. In 2005 it became a university through the Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology University Act, 2005. It was renamed "CEPT University" through CEPT University Act, 2010.
|Faculty of Architecture|
|Faculty of Planning|
|Faculty of Technology|
|Faculty of Design|
|Faculty of Management|
Faculty of ArchitectureEdit
The Faculty of Architecture was established as the 'School of Architecture' in 1962. It focuses on design in the private realm.
Faculty of PlanningEdit
The Faculty of Planning, focused on planning in the public realm, was established in 1972 as the 'School of Planning'.
Faculty of TechnologyEdit
The Faculty of Technology, which concentrates on engineering and construction, was established in 1982 as the 'School of Building Science and Technology'.
Faculty of DesignEdit
The Faculty of Design was established in 1991 as the 'School of Interior Design'. It deals with habitat related interiors, crafts, systems, and products.
Faculty of ManagementEdit
The Faculty of Management was established in 2013 and it focuses on Habitat and Project Management.
Centres of studiesEdit
CEPT has established centres of study in the following areas:
- Rahul Mehrotra - Chair of the Department of Urban Planning and Design at the Harvard Graduate School of Design 
- Hasmukh Patel - an architect credited with making significant contributions to contemporary architecture in India.
- Achal Bakeri - an Indian entrepreneur and founder, chairman and managing director of Symphony Limited.
- Bimal Patel - an architect from Gujarat, present President of CEPT University and winner of Padma Shri award
- Chitra Vishwanath - an Indian architect based in Bengaluru who works on themes related to ecology and architecture.
- Emani Kumar - an Indian environmentalist and a proponent of the concept of sustainable development.
- Leading the inclusive city: Place-based innovation for a bounded planet
- "CEPT History - About - CEPT". cept.ac.in. CEPT University. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- "Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology University Act, 2005" (PDF). Gujarat Government Gazette. Government of Gujarat. 1 April 2005. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- "CEPT University Act, 2010" (PDF). Gujarat Government Gazette. Government of Gujarat. 1 April 2010. Retrieved 6 August 2017.
- "Faculty of Architecture". CEPT University.
- "Faculty of Planning". CEPT University.
- "Faculty of Technology". CEPT University.
- Centre for Environmental Planning and Technology establishes Centre for Urban Equity
- CEPT to conduct capacity building programme
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to CEPT University.|