CEFC China Energy
CEFC China Energy (Chinese: 中国华信能源) is a private Chinese conglomerate. With revenue of 220 billion CNY (35 billion USD) in 2014 the company is among the 10 largest private companies in China. In 2014 the company generated revenue mainly from oil and gas (60%) and financial services (25%), but operates also in a wide range of other sectors like transport infrastructure, forestry, asset management, hotel management, warehousing services, real estate development and logistics services. A large portion of CEFC's assets is concentrated in overseas markets. Since 2013 the company has been listed on the Fortune Global 500 list. It rose from a rank of 342 in 2015 to 229 in June 2016. Most of the company is owned by Shanghai Energy Fund Investment Ltd (SEFI), which is registered under Ye Jianming, the chairman of CEFC.
|Industry||Oil and gas, Financial services|
|Revenue||CN¥220 billion (2014)|
Number of employees
|20 000 (2014)|
In May 2015 company acquired a 5% stake in Slovak J&T Finance Group. This increased to 9.9% in September 2015. In September 2015 company acquired multiple assets in the Czech Republic - a majority stake in brewery Pivovary Lobkowicz Group, a 10% stake in airline Travel Service, 60% in football club SK Slavia Prague and real-estate assets in Prague - the building of the former Živnostenská banka at Na příkopě street and Martinický palác at Hradčany. CEFC also bought a stake of between 50 and 90 per cent in Czech online travel agent Invia in March 2016, probably with a view to capitalising on the rapidly increasing numbers of Chinese tourists visiting Prague.
- Staff Reporter (11 July 2014). "Mysterious Shanghai private firms makes Fortune Global 500". WantChinaTimes. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "Corporate Profile". CEFC China. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- "Top 10 private companies in China". China Daily. 20 August 2014. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Fortune Global 500
- "2016年财富世界500强最新排行榜名单 财富世界500强中国110家上榜-理财产品 - 南方财富网". www.southmoney.com. Retrieved 2016-07-24.
- "China's CEFC takes stake in Czech-Slovak J&T Finance Group". Reuters. 14 May 2015. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Čínský konglomerát CEFC už má v J&T desetinu. Usiluje o 30 procent http://ekonomika.idnes.cz/cinska-cefc-zvysila-podil-v-j-t-na-deset-procent-chce-30-procent-pu0-/ekonomika.aspx?c=A150903_135502_ekonomika_rts, Retrieved 25 March 2016
- Hovet, Jason. "China's CEFC adds to Czech buying spree with airline, brewery deals". Reuters. Retrieved 7 September 2015.Johnston, Raymond (4 September 2015). "Chinese firm CEFC buys majority stake in Slavia Praha". Prague Post. Retrieved 7 September 2015.
- Čínská CEFC kupuje podíl v Invii, chce nabídnout servis čínským turistům, iDnes.cz, http://ekonomika.idnes.cz/cinska-skupina-cefc-ovladne-on-line-obchodnika-se-zajezdy-invii-pvn-/ekonomika.aspx?c=A160322_173841_ekonomika_rts, Retrieved 25 March 2016
|This article about a company or corporation involved in the energy industry is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Chinese corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|