Busan–Gimhae Light Rail Transit
The Busan–Gimhae Light Rail Transit is a light metro system between the cities of Busan and Gimhae in South Korea. The line has 21 stations including Daejeo and Sasang where passengers can transfer to Busan Metro Line 3 and Line 2 respectively. The line thus acts as a connecting rail between both Gimhae and Busan International Airport with two western outreaches of the Busan Metro system.
|Busan-Gimhae LRT / BGL|
|Native name||부산-김해 경전철（釜山-金海輕電鐵）|
|Type||Rapid transit/Light metro|
|Opened||9 September 2011|
|Line length||23.9 km (14.9 mi)|
|Number of tracks||2|
|Track gauge||1,435 mm (4 ft 8 1⁄2 in) standard gauge|
Construction of the line started in February 2006, and after repeated delays, it was set to open on 29 July 2011; however, opening of the line was once postponed indefinitely due to noise abatement issues. The line finally opened on 9 September 2011 with one week of free service; revenue service began on 17 September 2011.
The line includes Gimhae International Airport Station. This is the station for Busan International Airport.
The stations at Sasang and Daejoe each connect with another line in the Busan urban rail network. Sasang connects with line 2 (green). Daejoe connects with line 3 (red).
|Busan Metro connecting lines||Distance
(Busan Seobu Intercity Bus Terminal)
(Samrak Riverside Park)
|4||Gimhae Int'l Airport||공항||空港||0.9||3.7|
|14||Gimhae City Hall||김해시청||金海市廳||1.1||15.8|
|17||Royal Tomb of King Suro
(Gimhae Passenger Terminal)
|18||Gimhae National Museum||박물관||博物館||0.6||20.2|
- "Line Guide > Line Map". Busan-Gimhae Light Rail Transit Co., Ltd. Archived from the original on 8 December 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Introduction > Unmanned Operation". Busan-Gimhae Light Rail Transit Co., Ltd. Archived from the original on 8 December 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- 최병길 (29 August 2011). 부산~김해경전철 다음달 9일 개통 [Busan-Gimhae Light Rail to begin its operation from the 9th of next month]. Yonhap (in Korean). Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "Busan-Gimhae Light Rail Transit Co Ltd (BGL) (Korea, South), Urban Transport Systems and Operators". Jane's Information Group. Archived from the original on 22 June 2008. Retrieved 15 May 2008.
- "Introduction > Light Rail Vehicles". Busan Gimhae Light Rail Transit Co., Ltd. Archived from the original on 8 December 2014. Retrieved 11 August 2014.
- "Busan-Gimhae Light Rail Transit Open| Metro Report". www.metro-report.com/. Retrieved 27 March 2019.