This article relies too much on references to primary sources. (December 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
BurrellesLuce provides media relations planning, monitoring, and measurement services.
Founded in 1888 by Frank Burrelle and Robert Luce, BurrellesLuce is one of many media monitoring service providers in the United States. This company’s CEO is Charles Waggoner and Chairman of the Board is Robert C. Waggoner. BurrellesLuce is headquartered in Florham Park, New Jersey and has offices throughout the United States.
- In 1888, Burrelle's Press Clipping Bureau was founded by Frank Burrelle in New York City. Around the same time, Robert Luce founded Luce Press Clippings in Boston.
- In 1935, Burrelle's achieved national newspaper coverage.
- In 1951, Southwest Clippings—operated by the French family—purchased Luce Press Clippings from Harvard.
- In 1984, Burrelle's created Express to send the day’s headlines and brief news summaries to executives via fax machine.
- In 1994, Burrelle's introduced NewsAlert, an online news monitoring service.
- In 2003, Burrelle's Information Service and Luce Press Clippings merged, forming what is known today as BurrellesLuce.
- In 2007, BurrellesLuce introduced a new web portal called BurrellesLuce 2.0.
- In 2008, BurrellesLuce compiled a ranking chart showing the circulation of the top 100 newspapers, blogs, and consumer magazines.[failed verification]
- "About Us". BurrellesLuce.com. BurrellesLuce. 2014. Retrieved 2014-12-31.
- "Company History". BurrellesLuce.com. BurrellesLuce. 2014. Retrieved 2014-12-31.
- "2014 Top Media Outlets: Newspapers, Blogs, Consumer Magazines, Social Networks, Websites, and Broadcast Media". BurrellesLuce.com. BurrellesLuce. 2014. Retrieved 2014-12-31.