Burlingame Museum of Pez Memorabilia
The Burlingame Museum of Pez Memorabilia, located in Burlingame, California, opened in 1995 and is run by Gary and Nancy Doss, who had been collecting Pez dispensers for more than a decade. The museum claims to have an example of every Pez dispenser ever sold. The Doss couple initially ran a computer store and displayed some of their dispensers in the store, when they discovered that customers were more interested in the dispensers than in the computers.
In 2004, the museum expanded and added the Classic Toy Museum, which features well-known toys and related memorabilia. Toys on display include Tinker Toys, Erector Sets, Lincoln Logs, Mr. Potato Head, View-Masters, Colorforms, Lego, Playdough, Slinkys and more. Also in display is the Banned Toys Museum, which features toys that were recalled or banned for a variety of reasons, including safety and appropriateness.
- Friedman, Jan (2005). Eccentric California. Bradt Travel Guides. p. 22. ISBN 9781841621265.
- Bigley, Michele (2011). Explorer's Guide Northern California. The Countryman Press. p. 182. ISBN 9781581579499.
- Poole, Matthew R. (2006). Frommer's Irreverent Guide to San Francisco. John Wiley. p. 109. ISBN 9780470009628.
- Rubin, Saul (2005). Northern California Curiosities: Quirky Characters, Roadside Oddities & Other Offbeat Stuff. Globe Pequot. pp. 56–57. ISBN 9780762728992.
- "The Most Fun California Museum You've Never Heard of". Huffington Post. January 8, 2014. Retrieved 26 February 2015.