Burkina Faso at the 2020 Summer Olympics
Burkina Faso is scheduled to compete at the 2020 Summer Olympics in Tokyo from 24 July to 9 August 2020. It will be the nation's tenth appearance at the Summer Olympics, having participated since the 1972 Summer Olympics in Munich under the name Upper Volta.
|Burkina Faso at the|
2020 Summer Olympics
|NOC||Burkinabé National Olympic and Sports Committee|
|in Tokyo, Japan|
|Competitors||2 in 2 sports|
|Summer Olympics appearances (overview)|
- Note–Ranks given for track events are within the athlete's heat only
- Q = Qualified for the next round
- q = Qualified for the next round as a fastest loser or, in field events, by position without achieving the qualifying target
- NR = National record
- N/A = Round not applicable for the event
- Bye = Athlete not required to compete in round
- Field events
|Hugues Fabrice Zango||Men's triple jump|
Burkina Faso entered one rider to compete in the men's Olympic road race for the first time in history, by finishing in the top two, not yet qualified, at the 2019 African Championships in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
|Men's road race|
- "iaaf.org – Top Lists". IAAF. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "IAAF Games of the XXXII Olympiad – Tokyo 2020 Entry Standards" (PDF). IAAF. Retrieved 8 April 2019.
- "Athletes' quotas for Road Cycling events at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games". UCI. 18 November 2019. Retrieved 23 November 2019.