Burgos Wind Farm
Burgos Wind Farm is a wind farm in Burgos, Ilocos Norte, Philippines. It is the second wind farm built in the province of Ilocos Norte and the largest project of its kind in the Philippines. The estimated cost for the construction of the wind farm was US$450 million. The wind farm was commissioned in November 9, 2014 and upon its completion it became the largest wind farm in the country and in Southeast Asia, covering 600 hectares and three barangays of Burgos, namely Saoit, Poblacion and Nagsurot. The project was the first one to be nominated by the Department of Energy as eligible for the department's feed-in tariff scheme.
|Burgos Wind Farm|
|Location||Burgos, Ilocos Norte|
|Construction began||April 19, 2013|
|Commission date||November 5, 2014|
|Construction cost||US$450 million|
|Owner(s)||Energy Development Corporation|
|Site area||600 ha (6,000,000 m2)|
|Rotor diameter||90 m (295 ft)|
|Units operational||50 |
|Make and model||Vestas V90-3MW|
|Nameplate capacity||150 MW |
|Annual net output||233 GWh |
Under the Renewable Energy Act of 2008, the Philippine Energy Regulatory Commission can "(guarantee) fixed rate per kilowatt-hour – the FIT rates – for power producers harnessing renewable energy under the FIT system." In February 2015, the ERC agreed to give a FIT rate of P8.53 per kilowatt hour for 20 years to the Burgos Wind Farm of the Energy Development Corporation.
- Añonuevo, Euan Paulo (June 24, 2013). "EDC starts construction of Burgos wind farm". InterAksyon. Retrieved November 9, 2014.
- Añonuevo, Euan Paulo (November 7, 2014). "EDC's first wind farm begins producing energy". InterAksyon. Retrieved November 9, 2014.
- "French wind-turbine maker eyes projects in RP". Archived from the original on October 16, 2012. Retrieved March 16, 2012.
- Gonzales, Iris (November 9, 2014). "SEA's biggest wind farm powers Luzon". Philippine Star. Retrieved November 9, 2014.
- Rivera, Danessa O. (February 20, 2015). "ERC clears EDC wind farm for FIT incentives". Philippine Daily Inquirer. Retrieved 20 February 2015.
|This article about a wind farm is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|