Burcu Esmersoy (born 2 October 1976) is a Turkish anchorwoman, journalist, model, occasional actress, and former beauty pageant contestant who represented her nation at Miss International in Japan. She received a Golden Butterfly for Best Female Presenter. Burcu Esmersoy is regarded as Turkey's most leading female reality show host and one of most famous and highest-paid television personalities. Amongst the Turkish television shows hosted by Esmersoy are Ver Fırına, Survivor, Popstar, Nedir Ne Değildir, Late Summer Night with Burcu Esmersoy, Komedi Türkiye, En Güzel Bölüm, Elin Oğlu, and Dancing with the Stars. As an actress, she starred in Romantik Komedi (2010), Dedektif Memoli (2011), as Aylin Youlin in Çocuklar Duymasın (2012), and as special guest star Melda in Bir Erkek Bir Kadın (2013), Turkish adaptation of the French-language Canadian comedy television series Un gars, une fille.
Esmersoy during Fashion's Night Out 2010 at Istinye Park
2 October 1976 |
|Alma mater||New York University
|Occupation||Actress, anchorwoman, beauty pageant contestant, journalist, model, and presenter|
|Spouse(s)||Massimo Cusimano (m. 2005–2008)|
|Height||1.74 m (5 ft 9 in)|
Burcu Esmersoy has been the face of a variety of advertising campaigns. Since her debut, she has also appeared in numerous magazine covers, articles, and editorials across Turkey.
Early life and educationEdit
Esmersoy was born in Istanbul to Circassian parents. After finishing her secondary studies at Beşiktaş Lisesi, a prestigious high school located on the European side of Istanbul, she enrolled in the Tourism Management Department of the Faculty of Business Management at Istanbul University. Following her graduation, she went on to study Hospitality, Tourism, and Sports Management at Tisch Center, New York University School of Professional Studies.
Besides Turkish, Burcu Esmersoy speaks fluent English and Italian.
In 1997, she was placed third runner-up at the Miss Turkey beauty pageant. The same year she represented Turkey at Miss International in Tokyo, Japan where she won the "Miss Friendship" title. She began her broadcasting career in a children's programme aired on Kanal D and joined CNN Türk's Sports News in 2000 and worked there until 2005 as sports presenter, coordinator as well as foreign news editor. In April 2006, she joined NTV MSNBC and started presenting the Spor Servisi programme.
She competed in the first season of the reality show Dancing with the Stars (2010–2011) and hosted the second season (2011–2012) of the same competition. In 2013, she hosted Popstar, based on the British television music competition Pop Idol. She also hosted TV8's Ver Fırına, Turkish version of the British television baking competition The Great British Bake Off and co-hosted ATV's Elin Oğlu, based on the South Korean talk show Non-Summit.
On 28 February 2005, Burcu Esmersoy married Scuderia Ferrari Formula One's Sponsorship and Marketing Manager Massimo Cusimano at the Turkish Consulate-General in Paris, France and later in Bologna on 28 October 2006. For a short span of time, Burcu Esmersoy lived in Maranello, Emilia-Romagna which is the home of Ferrari S.p.A. The couple divorced in 2008.
|2012||The Pirates! In an Adventure with Scientists!||Surprisingly Curvaceous Pirate||Voice in Turkish|
|2004–2005||Spor Ekspres||Sports announcer and commentator|
|2006||Burcu Esmersoy'la Spor Servisi||Sports announcer, commentator, and host|
|2009–2011||Summer Night Show||Co-host|
|2010–2011||Dancing with the Stars (season 1)||Celebrity competitor|
|2011–2012||Dancing with the Stars (season 2)||Host|
|2011||Dedektif Memoli||Agent Zeyno||10 episodes|
|2011||Late Summer Night with Burcu Esmersoy||Host|||
|2012||Çocuklar Duymasın||Aylin Youlin|||
|2012–2014||Nedir Ne Değildir||Host||137 episodes|
|2013||Bir Erkek Bir Kadın||Melda (as special guest star)||Episode 105|
|2013–2014||En Güzel Bölüm||Host||Over 500 episodes|
|2014||Arkadaşım Hoş Geldin||Herself (as special guest star)|
- "Burcu Esmersoy". Gayesokmen.com.tr. 2016.
- Özcan, Saadet (9 April 2008). "Hak Etmediğimi Düşünenler Erkek". Sporx.com. Archived from the original on 9 August 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "Burcu Esmersoy Hakkında Bilinmeyenler". Harper's Bazaar. Turkuvaz Medya Grubu. Archived from the original on 9 August 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "Burcu Esmersoy 40. Altın Kelebek Ödülleri'nde 'En İyi Kadın Sunucu' Ödülüne Layık Görüldü". Gayesokmen.com.tr. November 2013. Archived from the original on 9 August 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- Callaghan, Louise (26 June 2016). "Divas at War as Erdogan Woos Turkish Stars". The Times. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- Altan, Gülay (29 November 2009). "Objeydiler Özne Oldular". Akşam. Istanbul. Archived from the original on 2012-07-09. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- Teker, Aytekin (17 June 2016). "Burcu Esmersoy Para Basıyor". HaberTürk. Istanbul. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- İpek, Bülent (1 January 2011). "O Artık Bir Magazin Figürü". HaberTürk. Istanbul. Archived from the original on 3 August 2014. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- Çintay, Nur (21 February 2011). "Burcu'yu Beğeneceksin: 'İlelebet' Tescilli Eski Güzellik Kraliçesi". Sabah. Istanbul. Archived from the original on 9 August 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "Burcu Esmersoy Kimdir". Gundemhaberleri.com. 18 December 2015. Archived from the original on 9 August 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
Beşiktaş Lisesi'ni bitirdikten sonra İstanbul Üniversitesi Turizm İşletmeciliği'nden mezun olan Burcu Esmersoу, ardından ABD'уe giderek New York Üniversitesi'nde Hospitalitу, Tourism, and Sports Management eğitimi aldı.
- "Burcu Esmersoy" (PDF). Gaye Sökmen Ajans. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "Mezun Listesi: Burcu Esmersoy". Dialog.com.tr. Archived from the original on 12 September 2015. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "Miss Turkey Geçmiş Yıllar". MissTurkey.com.tr. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- Denker, Sema (31 October 2016). "Burcu Esmersoy İtalya'da Dini Törenle Evlendi". Hürriyet. Istanbul. Archived from the original on 9 August 2016. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- Sivaslı, Ahmet (28 June 2016). "Burcu Esmersoy: 'Beni Yıldıramazlar'". Sporx.com. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "'Dedektif Memoli'den Neden Ayrıldı". Hürriyet. Istanbul. 7 December 2011. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "Burcu Esmersoy ile Yaz Gecesi Başlıyor". NTV.com.tr. 4 July 2011. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "Burcu Esmersoy, Çocuklar Duymasın'da". Sabah. Istanbul. 5 February 2012. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "Nedir Ne Değildir Arşiv Videoları". StarTV.com.tr. Retrieved 10 August 2016.
- "1 Erkek 1 Kadın 'Dizi': 1 Halil 1 Burcu!". HaberTürk. Istanbul. 14 April 2013. Retrieved 10 August 2016.[dead link]
- "Burcu Esmersoy Geri Dönüyor". NTVSpor.net. 16 September 2013. Retrieved 10 August 2016.