Bulgaria national cricket team
The Bulgaria national cricket team represents the Republic of Bulgaria in international cricket. The team is organised by the Bulgaria Cricket Federation, which became an affiliate member of the International Cricket Council (ICC) in 2008 and an associate member in 2017. Bulgaria made its international debut in 2004, at the ECC Representative Championship in Slovenia. The majority of its matches since then have come against other European affiliate members of the ICC, including in several European Cricket Council (ECC) tournaments.
|Association||Bulgaria Cricket Federation|
|International Cricket Council|
|ICC status||Associate member (2017)|
|First international|| Bulgaria v. Switzerland |
(Ljubljana, Slovenia; 15 August 2004)
|As of 3 May 2019|
In April 2018, the ICC decided to grant full Twenty20 International (T20I) status to all its members. Therefore, all Twenty20 matches played between Bulgaria and other ICC members after 1 January 2019 will be a full T20I.
- "Ireland and Afghanistan ICC newest full members amid wide-ranging governance reform". International Cricket Council. 22 June 2017. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "ICC Rankings". International Cricket Council.
- Bulgaria Archived 28 March 2015 at the Wayback Machine – International Cricket Council. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- Other matches played by Bulgaria – CricketArchive. Retrieved 4 September 2015.
- "All T20 matches between ICC members to get international status". International Cricket Council. 26 April 2018. Retrieved 1 September 2018.
- "ICC unveils Global Men's T20I Rankings Table featuring 80 teams". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 2 May 2019.
- 'Slogging The Slavs: A Paranormal Cricket Tour from the Baltic to the Bosphorus', by Angus Bell