This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Origin||Santos, São Paulo, Brazil|
|Genres||Alternative rock, rap rock, funk rock, reggae rock, skate punk, pop rock, rapcore|
|Associated acts||Charlie Brown Jr., A Banca|
|Past members||Bruno Graveto|
The band was conceived in mid-2014 by the remaining members of A Banca (with the exception of Thiago Castanho), formed in April of the previous year by former members of Charlie Brown Jr. after the death of its vocalist Chorão; however, A Banca only lasted for five months due to the suicide of its frontman, Champignon. Guitarist/lead vocalist Marcão, bassist Helena "Lena" Papini and drummer Bruno Graveto teamed up to continue making music, dubbing their new group "Bula" in reference both to the papal bull and the seal used to authenticate it, the bulla; as Marcão explained, all of the bandmembers "have their fates sealed together as in a pact". Graveto's stay on the band was short-lived though, as he eventually got busy with other commitments with pop rock band Strike, and was replaced by André Pinguim.
In November 2014 Bula released its debut album, Não Estamos Sozinhos, through Deckdisc. Music videos were later made for "Doses Gigantes" and "O Sol Dela Brilhou", and in the following year they made their breakthrough performance at Lollapalooza. In 2016, André Freitas, who produced Não Estamos Sozinhos, joined them as a second guitarist.
In May 2019 the band released its second album, Realidade Placebo. Later in December they announced on their official Instagram account the departure of Lena Papini.
|2014||Não Estamos Sozinhos|
- Marcão – lead vocals, electric guitar (2014–present)
- André Pinguim – drums, vocals, beatboxing (2014–present)
- André Freitas – electric guitar (2016–present)
- Bruno Graveto – drums (2014)
- Helena "Lena" Papini – bass guitar (2014–2019)
- "Chorão, do Charlie Brown Jr., é encontrado morto em São Paulo". Terra Networks (in Portuguese). March 6, 2013. Retrieved September 29, 2019.
- "Champignon, do Charlie Brown Jr., morre em São Paulo". Veja (in Portuguese). September 9, 2013. Retrieved September 29, 2019.
- "A Banca divulga comunicado sobre a morte de Champignon". G1 (in Portuguese). September 9, 2013. Retrieved October 13, 2019.
- "Banda Bula tenta exorcizar o passado". Estadão (in Portuguese). February 6, 2015. Retrieved October 13, 2019.
- "Especial: Compromisso selado com o rock". Diário do Litoral (in Portuguese). December 6, 2014. Retrieved February 17, 2020.
- "Deck contrata banda Bula e lança seu primeiro álbum". Deckdisc (in Portuguese). Retrieved February 17, 2020.
- "Ex-Charlie Brown Jr. sobre aceitação dos fãs: 'Não temos pretensão'". GShow (in Portuguese). March 28, 2015. Retrieved February 17, 2020.
- Mauro Ferreira (January 29, 2019). "Bula, banda formada por ex-integrantes de Charlie Brown Jr., prepara o álbum 'Realidade Placebo'". G1 (in Portuguese). Retrieved September 8, 2020.