|• Total||2.18 km2 (0.84 sq mi)|
|Elevation||56.4 m (185.0 ft)|
Bukovica is a common toponym and oronym in Slovenia. It is derived from the adjective bukov 'beech' (from bukev 'beech tree') and originally referred to the local vegetation. The Italian name of the settlement was Boccavizza.
The parish church in the settlement is dedicated to Saint Lawrence and was rebuilt in 1928 after the old church in a slightly different location in the village was destroyed in the First World War. It belongs to the Koper Diocese.
Notable people that were born or lived in Bukovica include:
- Zoran Mušič, painter (1909–2005)
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Snoj, Marko. 2009. Etimološki slovar slovenskih zemljepisnih imen. Ljubljana: Modrijan and Založba ZRC, p. 115.
- "Renče–Vogrsko municipal web site". Archived from the original on 2008-09-29. Retrieved 2008-11-13.
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Koper List of Churches May 2008 Archived March 6, 2009, at the Wayback Machine