Bukit Panjang Public Library
Bukit Panjang Public Library is a public library in Bukit Panjang, Singapore. It is located inside Bukit Panjang Plaza and the nearest station to it is Bukit Panjang MRT/LRT station. It is also near the Bukit Panjang Bus Interchange. It is the fourth public library owned by the National Library Board to be located inside a mall.
|Established||4 April 1998|
|Branch of||National Library Board|
|Access and use|
The library was called Bukit Panjang Community Library before 2009. Its name was changed to Bukit Panjang Public Library on 2010. It was officially opened on 4 April 1998 by Dr Teo Ho Pin, who was the then Member of Parliament for Sembawang GRC (Bukit Panjang Division).
On 4 September 2016, the library underwent a 10-month renovation, opening on 1 July 2017. It now has 2 wings that are facing each other on the 4th floor. The Adults' and Teens' Zone are in the old library space while the Children's Zone is in the space previously occupied by Daiso. The library was officially reopened by Minister for Communications and Information Dr Yaacob Ibrahim.
There are also colour-coded strips to guide people at the library.
Adults' and Teens' ZonesEdit
- "Bukit Panjang Public Library | Bukit Panjang Plaza". www.capitaland.com. CapitaLand. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "National Library Board > Visit Us > Branch Details". National Library Board. Retrieved 7 December 2017.
- "Annual Report 2006/2007". National Library Board.
- "NLB FY2010/2011" (PDF). National Library Board. p. 2.
- hermes (2017-06-23). "Bukit Panjang library gets bigger, better". The Straits Times. Retrieved 2017-12-07.
- "BPPL map Adults and Teens Zones". National Library Board.
- "BPPL map Children's Zone". National Library Board.