Charles "Buddy" Robinson (born September 30, 1991) is an American professional ice hockey forward currently playing with the Stockton Heat in the American Hockey League (AHL) while under contract to the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League (NHL).
September 30, 1991|
Bellmawr, New Jersey, U.S.
|Height||6 ft 6 in (198 cm)|
|Weight||230 lb (100 kg; 16 st 6 lb)|
|NHL team (P)|
Stockton Heat (AHL)
Raised in Bellmawr, New Jersey, Robinson attended Gloucester Catholic High School. Robinson played two seasons of collegiate hockey with Lake Superior State University of the Central Collegiate Hockey Association.
Undrafted, he was signed by the Senators to a three-year entry level contract on March 25, 2013.
While playing mostly in the AHL with the Senators affiliate, the Binghamton Senators, Robinson did play three games with the NHL Ottawa Senators in April 2016 and scored his first NHL goal in a 3–1 win over the Florida Panthers. He added an assist a game later and finished with 1 goal, 1 assist, +2 in those three games.
On June 23, 2016, the Senators re-signed Robinson to a one-year, two-way deal. In the following 2016–17 season, Robinson was assigned and returned to the Binghamton Senators to start the year. He appeared in a further 4 scoreless games with Ottawa, before he was traded to the San Jose Sharks, along with Zack Stortini and a 7th round draft pick in the 2017 draft, in exchange for Tommy Wingels on January 24, 2016. He was immediately assigned to AHL affiliate, the San Jose Barracuda.
On July 1, 2017, Robinson signed a one-year, two-way deal with the Winnipeg Jets. In the 2017–18 season, Robinson played 74 games with the Jets' AHL affiliate, the Manitoba Moose, finishing third in scoring with 25 goals and 28 assists for 53 points.
Having concluded his contract with the Jets, Robinson left as a free agent to sign a two-year, two-way contract with the Calgary Flames on July 2, 2018.
|2009–10||Hamilton Red Wings||OJHL||49||11||12||23||62||—||—||—||—||—|
|2010–11||Hamilton Red Wings||OJHL||32||15||23||38||39||—||—||—||—||—|
|2011–12||Lake Superior State University||CCHA||39||5||5||10||37||—||—||—||—||—|
|2012–13||Lake Superior State University||CCHA||38||8||8||16||48||—||—||—||—||—|
|2016–17||San Jose Barracuda||AHL||33||10||9||19||53||15||4||5||9||12|
- Anastasia, Phil (March 25, 2013). "Ice Hockey: Gloucester Catholic's Robinson signs with Senators". The Philadelphia Inquirer. Retrieved April 7, 2016.
- "News Release: Senators sign forward Buddy Robinson to a three-year contract". Ottawa Senators. March 25, 2013. Retrieved April 5, 2016.
- "Buddy Robinson's first NHL goal lifts Senators over Panthers". sportsnet.ca. April 7, 2016. Retrieved September 27, 2018.
- "Senators sign forward Buddy Robinson to one-year, two-way contract". Ottawa Senators. June 23, 2016. Retrieved June 23, 2016.
- "Sharks acquire two forwards in trade with Senators". San Jose Sharks. January 24, 2017. Retrieved January 24, 2017.
- "Jets sign Buddy Robinson". Winnipeg Jets. July 1, 2017. Retrieved July 1, 2017.
- "Flames sign Buddy Robinson". Calgary Flames. July 2, 2018. Retrieved July 2, 2018.