Buchpora is a town on the outskirts of Srinagar, Jammu and Kashmir, India. It is situated on Srinagar-Leh Highway on the eastern side of Anchar Lake. The postal code of the area is 190020. The area is about 12.1 km (7.5 mi) north from Lal Chowk. Most of the current inhabitants of the area are migrants from Downtown Srinagar.  During the project of widening the roads in Downtown, numerous houses obstructing the widening of roads were shattered down. The homeless people were given plots of land by state government in neighbouring areas including Buchpora and Soura. Thus government housing colonies were constructed in these areas. there are many areas adjacent to this area, Illahi bagh, Rang pora, Umerhaira, are some of them. The area was an agriculture land but has been converted into a residential area.
|Union territory||Jammu and Kashmir|
|• Official||Kashmiri, Dogri, Urdu, Hindi, English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
The schools providing education facilities to local students as well as the students from other districts are as follows :
- Green Valley Educational Institute
- Saint Solomon High School
- Snow Land Public School
- Zulfikar Memorial Educational Institute
- Usmania Model High School
- Oasis Preparatory School
- "The Jammu and Kashmir Official Languages Act, 2020" (PDF). The Gazette of India. 27 September 2020. Retrieved 27 September 2020.
- "Parliament passes JK Official Languages Bill, 2020". Rising Kashmir. 23 September 2020. Retrieved 23 September 2020.
- List of Government Housing Colonies in Srinagar/Government Housing Colonies of Soura and Buchpora by Srinagar Municipal Corporation, Karan Nagar