Bryan Buckley is an Academy Award nominated American film director, commercial director, and screenwriter. He has been dubbed "The King of the Super Bowl" by the New York Times. He has directed 63 Super Bowl Commercials over the course of his career.
Bryan Buckley in 2015
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
Buckley was born on September 3rd, 1963 in Massachusetts. He attended Syracuse University.
Bryan Buckley has been nominated for the Academy Award for Best Live Action Short Film at the 85th Academy Awards for his short film ASAD which he directed and wrote. It was shot in South Africa in September 2011 with an all Somali refugee cast. ASAD tells a young Somali boy's tale of how he deals with the decision to fall into a pirate life, or become an honest working fisherman.
Super Bowl commercialsEdit
In December 2015 Buckley directed a Beats by Dre commercial. In October 2016, Buckley directed a commercial for Emirates airline's Airbus A380 featuring actress Jennifer Aniston. He is also behind the Jergens Advertising featuring Leslie Mann.
- Blust, Erica. Syracuse University News. Syracuse News https://news.syr.edu/blog/2013/01/11/vpa-alumnus-bryan-buckley-85-receives-academy-award-nomination-for-short-film/. Retrieved August 8, 2019. Missing or empty
- "Short Film (Live Action) Oscar Nominations 2020". oscar.go.com. Retrieved 2020-01-14.
- Feldberg, Isaac. "Director Bryan Buckley on The Bronze". Boston Globe. Boston Globe. Retrieved August 8, 2019.
- Oscar.go.com Archived 2013-01-10 at WebCite
- Asadfilm.com Archived January 14, 2013, at the Wayback Machine
- Liviu Marica. "Christmas miracle with Tracy Morgan". Daily Commercials. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Jen's back! Emirates releases new advert with actress for its A380 service". The National. October 5, 2016. Retrieved October 14, 2016.