This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2019) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Bruno Tshibala Nzenze (born 20 February 1956) is a Congolese politician who served as Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo from 2017-2019.
|25th Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo|
18 May 2017 – 7 April 2019
|Deputy||Léonard She Okitundu|
|Preceded by||Samy Badibanga|
|Succeeded by||Sylvestre Ilunga Ilukamba|
|Born||20 February 1956|
Gandajika, Belgian Congo (now Democratic Republic of the Congo)
|Political party||Union for Democracy and Social Progress|
|Alma mater||Marien Ngouabi University|
He began his political career while still a student in April 1980 at the age of 24 when he joined a leftist political party in Zaire during the rule of Mobutu Sese Seko. In December 1980, he, along with 13 parliamentarians wrote a letter to ask President Mobutu for democratic reforms while the country was still under the one-party system.
In 2019, Tshibala made a bid to serve as a DRC Senator, but lost the Senate election on 15 March.
On 9 October 2016, he was arrested at N'djili International Airport when he was about to board a plane to Brussels and was held at Makala Central Prison. The country's Attorney General accused him of organizing demonstrations on 19 and 20 September 2016 in Kinshasa. He was later granted a provisional release on 29 November 2016.
- Cornish, Jean-Jacques. "DRC's Tshibala defends lifetime salaries for ex-ministers". ewn.co.za.
- "Kabila names Bruno Tshibala new DRC prime minister". Al Jazeera. 8 April 2017.
- "Outgoing Congo government defends golden parachutes". Reuters. 4 February 2019. Retrieved 30 March 2019 – via af.reuters.com.
- "DRC: Bruno Tshibala appointed Prime Minister", Radio Okapi ‹See Tfd›(in French).
- "L'Avenir : « Primature: Tshibala aux commandes »" (in French). Radio Okapi. 19 May 2017.
- "Bruno Tshibala prend les clefs de la Primature [Bruno Tshibala takes the keys of the Primature]" (in French). PRIMATURE. 18 May 2017.
- "Bruno Tshibala: a prime minister on temporary release", Politico CD, 7 April 2017 ‹See Tfd›(in French).
| Prime Minister of the Democratic Republic of the Congo
|This article about a politician of the Democratic Republic of the Congo is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|