Bruno Rangel(Redirected from Bruno Rangel Domingues)
|Full name||Bruno Rangel Domingues|
|Date of birth||11 December 1981|
|Place of birth||Campos dos Goytacazes, Brazil|
|Date of death||28 November 2016(aged 34)|
|Place of death||La Unión, Colombia|
|Height||1.81 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|2007||Angra dos Reis|
|2009||Águia de Marabá||7||(6)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Rangel was one of the victims when LaMia Airlines Flight 2933 crashed on 28 November 2016.
Born in Campos dos Goytacazes, Rio de Janeiro, Rangel started playing as a senior for hometown club Goytacaz in 2002. In 2004, he moved to cross-town rivals Americano, but was rarely used at the club. After leaving the club in 2006, he worked as a general assistant for Caixa Econômica Federal before joining Ananindeua.
On 16 December 2006 Rangel renewed with the club, and subsequently represented Angra dos Reis, Macaé, Bonsucesso and Baraúnas before returning to Pará in 2009, with Águia de Marabá. After being the latter's top goalscorer in 2009 Série C with six goals in only seven matches, he signed for Paysandu on 1 December 2009.
On 23 December 2010, Rangel moved to Guarani also in the third division. He rescinded with the club the following 26 July, and agreed to a contract with Joinville just hours later. Released in June 2011, he subsequently joined Metropolitano.
In 2013, Rangel signed for Chapecoense. He also became a prolific striker during his first season at the club, scoring a career-best 31 goals in only 34 league matches; his side also achieved promotion to Série A. On 9 January of the following year he moved abroad for the first time in his career, joining Qatar Stars League side Al-Arabi SC.
After appearing rarely, Rangel returned to Chape on 1 June 2014. He made his re-debut on 19 July, in a 1–0 away win against São Paulo, and scored his first goal on 30 August in a 2–4 loss at Cruzeiro.
On 26 July 2015, Rangel scored all his team's goals in a 2–1 home win against Fluminense. He repeated the feat on 28 October, in a Copa Sudamericana home success over River Plate, but it was not enough to ensure qualification to the following round. On 12 December 2015, he renewed his contract for a further year.
Rangel finished the 2016 Campeonato Catarinense as both champion and top goalscorer, with ten goals under his name; during the tournament he became Chape's biggest goalscorer, surpassing Índio. On 1 June 2016 he scored a hat-trick in a 4–3 away win against Coritiba, and reached his 80th goal for the club on 7 September in a 2–2 draw against Santa Cruz, through a penalty kick.
- As of 27 November 2016
|Águia de Marabá||2009||Série C||7||6||—||—||—||—||7||6|
|Al-Arabi||2013–14||Qatar Stars League||7||2||—||—||—||—||7||2|
- Campeonato Paraense: 2010
- "Goytacaz, clube que revelou o atacante Bruno Rangel, decreta três dias de luto por causa da tragédia com a Chapecoense" [Goytacaz, the club who revealed the forward Bruno Rangel, declare three days of mourning because of the tragedy with Chapecoense] (in Portuguese). Extra. 29 November 2016. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Bruno Rangel trocou futebol por banco e faria festa para filha na sexta" [Bruno Rangel changed football for banking and would make a party for his daughter on Friday] (in Portuguese). Folha de S. Paulo. 30 November 2016. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Ananindeua se reforça para fase final" [Ananindeua bolster for the final phase] (in Portuguese). Futebol do Norte. 15 December 2006. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Baraúnas lamenta morte de ex-atacante Bruno Rangel em acidente aéreo" [Baraúnas mourns death of former forward Bruno Rangel in air accident] (in Portuguese). Novo Jornal. 29 November 2016. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- ""Descobridor" de Bruno Rangel, ídolo do Flamengo lamenta perda" ["Discoverer" of Bruno Rangel, Flamengo idol mourns loss] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 29 November 2016. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Papão anuncia contratação de cinco jogadores" [Papão announce the signing of five players] (in Portuguese). Futebol do Norte. 1 December 2009. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Guarani contrata artilheiro da Série C e lateral que subiu na Série B" [Guarani sign Série C's top goalscorer and full back who achieved promotion to Série B] (in Portuguese). Futebol Interior. 23 December 2010. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Guarani rescinde contrato com artilheiro da Série C de 2010" [Guarani rescind contract with 2010 Série C's top goalscorer] (in Portuguese). Futebol Interior. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "JEC contrata "novo matador"" [JEC sign "new killer"] (in Portuguese). Notícias do Dia. 26 July 2011. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Após dispensa de Bruno Rangel, Joinville busca novo atacante" [After Bruno Rangel's release, Joinville search for a new forward] (in Portuguese). Veja. 20 June 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Metrô confirma atacante Bruno Rangel, ex-JEC" [Metrô confirm forward Bruno Rangel, formerly of JEC] (in Portuguese). Clic RBS. 27 June 2012. Retrieved 1 December 2016.
- "Artilheiro Bruno Rangel vai para o mundo árabe defender o Al-Arabi" [Top goalscorer Bruno Rangel goes to the Arabian football] (in Portuguese). Ururau. 9 January 2014. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Sob aplausos, atacante Bruno Rangel é reapresentado à torcida da Chape" [Under applauses, Bruno Rangel is re-presented to Chape's supporters] (in 1 June 2014). Globo Esporte. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Chapecoense renova com artilheiro Bruno Rangel para 2016" [Chapecoense renew with marksman Bruno Rangel for 2016] (in Portuguese). Terra. 12 December 2015. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Bruno Rangel abriu mão de dinheiro para voltar e virou maior artilheiro da história da Chapecoense" [Bruno Rangel let go of money to return and became Chapecoense's biggest goalscorer] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 29 November 2016. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Com três de Bruno Rangel, Chapecoense bate Coritiba em duelo de sete gols" [With three goals from Bruno Rangel, Chapecoense defeat Coritiba in a seven goal match] (in Portuguese). ESPN Brasil. 1 June 2016. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Bruno Rangel chega a 80 gols com a camisa da Chape: "Marca histórica"" [Bruno Rangel reaches 80 goals with Chape's shirt: "Historical mark"] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 9 September 2016. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Bruno Rangel, da Chapecoense, tinha 20 anos de história com os gramados" [Bruno Rangel, from Chapecoense, had 20 years of history with the fields] (in Portuguese). G1. 30 November 2016. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- Bruno Rangel at Soccerway. Retrieved 2 December 2016.
- "Atlético Nacional pede que o título da Sul-Americana fique com a Chape" [Atlético Nacional ask that South-American title stay with Chape] (in Portuguese). Globo Esporte. 29 November 2016. Retrieved 5 December 2016.
- "CONMEBOL otorga el título de campeón de la Sudamericana 2016 a Chapecoense y reconoce a Atlético Nacional con el premio del centenario de la CONMEBOL al Fair Play" [CONMEBOL awards 2016 South American champion title to Chapecoense and bestows Atlético Nacional with CONMEBOL century Fair Play award] (in Spanish). CONMEBOL. 5 December 2016. Retrieved 6 December 2016.