Brotherhood (2018 film)
|Directed by||Meryam Joobeur|
|Produced by||Habib Attia|
Sarra Ben Hassen
Maria Gracia Turgeon
|Written by||Meryam Joobeur|
|Music by||Peter Venne|
|Edited by||Anouk Deschênes|
Midi la Nuit
A co-production of companies from Canada, Tunisia, Qatar and Sweden, the film explores the tensions within a Tunisian family when a man who has been away for several years returns home with a new Syrian wife who wears the full niqab, igniting his father's suspicions that his son has been working for the Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant.
The film premiered at the 2018 Toronto International Film Festival, where it won the award for Best Canadian Short Film. In December 2018, it was named in the TIFF's year-end Canada's Top Ten list.
- "Portrait de Regard: Meryam Joobeur". Voir, March 16, 2019.
- "Tunisia takes a cinematic look at jihadists". The Economist, November 8, 2018.
- "'Green Book' boosts awards season prospects with TIFF audience award win". Screen Daily, September 16, 2018.
- "’Anthropocene’ tops TIFF’s top 10 Canadian films list". Canadian Press, December 5, 2018.
- "Ricardo Trogi, Debbie Lynch-White et Émilie Bierre: gagnants au Gala Québec Cinéma". Voir, June 3, 2019.
- "Montreal-based filmmaker Meryam Joobeur gets Oscar nomination". CBC News Montreal, January 13, 2020.