Brooks Casey Pounders (born September 26, 1990) is an American professional baseball pitcher in the Cleveland Indians organization. He previously played in Major League Baseball (MLB) for the Kansas City Royals, Los Angeles Angels, and Colorado Rockies.
|Born: September 26, 1990|
|July 5, 2016, for the Kansas City Royals|
|MLB statistics |
(through 2018 season)
|Earned run average||8.92|
Kansas City RoyalsEdit
After the 2011 season, the Pirates traded Pounders and Diego Goris to the Kansas City Royals for Yamaico Navarro. Pounders underwent Tommy John surgery after the 2013 season, and missed the 2014 season while rehabilitating. He missed the first half of the 2015 season after tearing a latissimus dorsi muscle.
The Royals promoted Pounders to the major leagues from the Omaha Storm Chasers of the Class AAA Pacific Coast League on July 5, 2016, and he pitched in relief that night against the Toronto Blue Jays. He recorded his first career win on July 7, 2016 after pitching an inning of relief against the Mariners. He finished the 2016 season with a 9.24 earned run average (ERA) in 12 2⁄3 innings pitched for Kansas City, and a 3.14 ERA in 80 1⁄3 innings pitched for Omaha.
Los Angeles AngelsEdit
- GLASER, KYLE. "Blog: Alumni Report:ALUMNI: Pounders makes big league camp after long road". Retrieved July 6, 2016.
- Wilmoth, Charlie (December 8, 2011). "Pirates Trade Brooks Pounders To Royals For Yamaico Navarro". Retrieved July 6, 2016.
- Aldridge, Philip (July 6, 2016). "Brooks Pounders called-up to Royals". Retrieved July 6, 2016.
- "Salvador Perez sends Royals to 4-3 win over Mariners". espn.com. July 8, 2016. Retrieved July 28, 2016.
- "Rockies' Brooks Pounders: Inks NRI deal with Rockies". cbssports.com. January 29, 2018.
- "Indians invite two more to Spring Training". Indians.com. December 22, 2018.