Broadrick Secondary School
|Broadrick Secondary School|
61 Dakota Crescent
|Principal||Tan Lay Hong|
|Colour(s)||Dark blue, White|
Broadrick Secondary School was first established as an integrated co-educational double session English and Chinese streams school in 1968. The school compound then was located along Dunman Road and was officially opened by Mr Joseph Francis Conceicao, the then Member of Parliament for Katong, on 14 March 1969. In 1985, Broadrick became a full English-medium school
Broadrick Secondary School was named after Lt. Col. E.G. Broadrick, President of the Singapore Municipality from 1904 to 1910 and British Resident of Selangor from 1911 to 1919
The school later moved to its current location at 61 Dakota Crescent (the old premise of Mountbatten Primary School) in 2005 and was officially opened by Dr Yaacob Ibrahim on 20 July 2007.
In January 1996, Broadrick Secondary School merged with Maju Secondary School to become a single session school. Maju Secondary School was established on 4 January 1968 at Dunman Road and its premises was declared open by Mr Joseph Francis Conceicao, the then Member of Parliament for Katong, on 6 June 1969. It was a mixed, integrated and technical school. Secondary Three and Secondary Four students from Broadrick Secondary School, which was located just beside Maju Secondary School in the early days, used to attend Technical classes at the school.
In 2011 Broadrick merged with Telok Kurau Secondary School.
In 2017, Broadrick merged with MacPherson Secondary School. The latter was named in honour of Colonel Ronald MacPherson who was the first Colonial Secretary of the Straits Settlements. MacPherson Secondary had its humble beginnings in 1967 and has come a long way in serving the needs of the children living in the MacPherson housing estate. In January 2004, Woodsville Secondary School merged with MacPherson.
Awards and achievementsEdit
- Modern Dance
- Singapore Youth Festival 2017 Certificate of Distinction
- Super24 Competition @ Tampines Hub Certificate of Participation
- English Drama – Singapore Youth Festival 2017 Certificate of Distinction
- Show Choir – B-dazzled Competition @ RWS Platinum AwardBest Costume
- Concert Band – Singapore Youth Festival 2017 Certificate of Distinction
- NPCC – Best Community Safety and Security Programme 2017 18th Placing
- Red Cross Youth – First Aid Championships (2017) Junior-Gold, Senior-Silver
- Girl Guide –
- Kindness Badge Movement 2017 Bronze (Sec 1 and Sec 2 only)
- Total Defence Sec 1: Bronze (16 students),Sec 2: Silver (8 students),Sec 3: Gold (11 students)
- NCC Sports and Games (East Zone) Frisbee Competition 2017 NCC Sports and Games (East Zone) Frisbee Competition 2017
Clubs and SocietiesEdit
- Environment Club - Love Your Food @ Schools Project 2017 Certificate of Participation
- Robotics Club
- VEX Robotics Competition 2017 @ Rulang Pri 3rd placing Judges Award
- Autonomous Challenge 2017 @ VJC Most Efficient Robot
- AV (Photography) club - The Media Challenge 2017 @ Republic Polytechnic Certificate of Participation