Bridgepoint is a pan-European private equity investor focused on acquiring leading middle market businesses valued up to €1 billion. Its investments have included the Azzurri Group, Element Materials Technology and Pret a Manger in the UK, Dorna in Spain, Balt, eFront and Histoire d'Or in France. It also operates a second business, Bridgepoint Development Capital, which specialises in smaller cap businesses valued up to €150 million.
|Private Ownership, Limited partnership|
|Products||Investments, private equity funds|
|Total assets||€18 billion (£16 billion)|
Bridgepoint Capital was founded as NatWest Equity Partners, a private equity firm part of NatWest. The firm was renamed Bridgepoint Capital in May 2000 following a management buyout from NatWest Group.
In March 2015 Bridgepoint closed its latest €4 billion Bridgepoint Europe V fund, bringing to €20.5 billion the amount of committed capital raised to date.
- Infront Sports & Media, acquired 2011
- Pret a Manger,
- Leeds Bradford Airport (now owned by AMP Capital) 
- Molton Brown
- Care UK Ltd
- Dennis Eagle purchased August 1999
sold January 2004 to ABN Amro
- Alain Afflelou
- Fat Face
- Burger King
- Infinitas Learning
- Wiggle Ltd
- Nordic Cinema Group
- AHT Cooling System GmbH
- LGC: Analytical testing services (UK)
- Virgin Active,
- Environmental Resources Management (ERM)
- ASK Italian
- Oasis Healthcare
- Inspiring Learning 
- Wiggle, Chain Reaction Cycles and Bike24
- Quinn, James (2010-09-25). "Bridgepoint staff share £44m pay pot despite a sharp drop in profits". ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Bridgepoint / Bridgepoint Development Capital". www.bridgepoint.eu. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "NWEP becomes Bridgepoint Capital". Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- Mehra, Nina. "NatWest Equity Partners is renamed Bridgepoint Capital". Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- Chinwala, Yasmine. "Bridgepoint closes first fund since independence at &euro2bn". Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Bridgepoint Europe II | Palico". www.palico.com. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Bridgepoint Raises $4.3B For 5th Middle-Market Buyout Fund - Law360". www.law360.com. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Bridgepoint Europe III | Palico". www.palico.com. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Bridgepoint closes in on maiden Fund IV deal | Private Equity International". Private Equity International. 2013-01-05. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- "Bridgepoint acquires business software solutions provider eFront". www.bridgepoint.eu. Retrieved 2019-03-23.
- "NWEP renamed Bridgepoint Capital after MBO from NatWest". Press Room. Bridgepoint Capital. 2000-05-07. Archived from the original on July 5, 2007. Retrieved 2007-06-03.
- Pielichata, Paulina (2018-08-13). "Dyal Capital Partners takes stake in Bridgepoint". Pensions & Investments. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- Lim, Dawn; Louch, Will (2018-08-11). "Bridgepoint to Sell Minority Stake to Neuberger Berman Unit". Wall Street Journal. ISSN 0099-9660. Retrieved 2018-09-13.
- Pret a Manger to be sold to private equity, The Telegraph, 23 February 2008
- "Leeds Bradford Airport sold to Australian investment fund". www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk. Retrieved 19 December 2017.
- Natwest subsidiary buys Dennis Eagle Commercial Motor 5 August 1999
- Eagle strike Commercial Motor 15 January 2004
- "Bridgepoint / Moneycorp acquired by Bridgepoint in transaction totalling £212 million". Bridgepoint.eu. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- Walsh, Dominic (May 11, 2009). "Virgin Active seeks to grow la dolce vita". London: The Times. Archived from the original on 14 May 2009. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- Bawden, Tom (October 14, 2005). "Private equity firm close to sealing $530m deal to buy Bridgepoint". London: The Times. Retrieved 2009-05-29.
- "Bridgepoint / Bridgepoint completes £250 million acquisition of ASK ITALIAN and ZIZZI". Bridgepoint.eu. Retrieved 2017-03-02.
- "Bridgepoint / Bridgepoint Development Capital Invests in European online payments services provider Trustly". Bridgepoint.eu. Retrieved 2015-11-26.
- Bridgepoint Acquires Inspiring Learning, The PIE, 23 November 2016
- Official website
- Recommendation for Investment in Bridgepoint Europe IV. PSERS PRIVATE INVESTMENT PROGRAM, December 12, 2007
|This article about a private equity or venture capital firm based in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|